BossPrefs replaces Services Nicely

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I've been using Services for a while now, and noticed that I could never get my SSH to turn back on without first restarting my iPhone once the service was disabled.

I'm not running into that problem at all anymore with BossPrefs, and as a bonus its fairly customizable. I have it displaying shortcuts to my SMB Prefs, System Prefs and Poof as well right on it's dock.

Additional features include email toggle, snapshot config support, afp config support, create your own service, and creating your own dock shortcuts inside the program to access other control panels.

This has allowed me to hide my Prefs icons and roll them all into BossPrefs to save some space on my springboard :)

You can find this on Installer under Utilities.

You may need to add this Source to Installer:

http://sleepers.net/iPhonerepo

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
I've been using Services for a while now, and noticed that I could never get my SSH to turn back on without first restarting my iPhone once the service was disabled.

I'm not running into that problem at all anymore with BossPrefs, and as a bonus its fairly customizable. I have it displaying shortcuts to my SMB Prefs, System Prefs and Poof as well right on it's dock.

Additional features include email toggle, snapshot config support, afp config support, create your own service, and creating your own dock shortcuts inside the program to access other control panels.

This has allowed me to hide my Prefs icons and roll them all into BossPrefs to save some space on my springboard :)

You can find this on Installer under Utilities.

You may need to add this Source to Installer:

http://sleepers.net/iPhonerepo
It sounds like I'm having the same problem with SSH and srvices. My SSH wont stay on when i click it on with Services, not even if i restart my phone. If I install Bossprefs do you think it will correct this problem for me as well?

thanks

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
also when im about to install the app it gives me the warning saying.. this is an untrusted source.
is it safe to download?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
also when im about to install the app it gives me the warning saying.. this is an untrusted source.
is it safe to download?
You'll see that warning message for any source that hasn't made it into the 'official' Community Sources list yet, which this one almost certainly will fairly soon. Based on the very good experiences of lots of people here (me too for various post-113 jailbreak fixes) and elsewhere, it is as trustworthy as any of them ...

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
You'll see that warning message for any source that hasn't made it into the 'official' Community Sources list yet, which this one almost certainly will fairly soon. Based on the very good experiences of lots of people here (me too for various post-113 jailbreak fixes) and elsewhere, it is as trustworthy as any of them ...
very nice..
thanks for the explaination :)

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
so i downloaded it and it works nicely.. it actually keeps my edge off unline service but my ssh still wont stay on..
still a good tool..

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I'm sure you've tried many times over, but I'm going to ask anyway.

Have you uninstalled SSH, rebooted your phone, then reinstalled SSH yet?

I literally uninstalled my SSH on accident on my first 1.1.3 JB while I was frantically looking for ways to recover space on my iPhone (before I figured on using BossTool) and totally didn't think about what I was doing, deleting Open SSH.

Needless to say I didn't have SSH for a while, and installing it would error out. About an hour later I finally made room and could isntall SSH again, lol. The first one didn't stick, and I had to reinstall it again.

So, you can uninstall and reinstall it several times over until you get one that works. Make sure to reset beween uinstall/installs.

Last edited by a moderator:

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
I'm sure you've tried many times over, but I'm going to ask anyway.

Have you uninstalled SSH, rebooted your phone, then reinstalled SSH yet?

I literally uninstalled my SSH on accident on my first 1.1.3 JB while I was frantically looking for ways to recover space on my iPhone (before I figured on using BossTool) and totally didn't think about what I was doing, deleting Open SSH.

Needless to say I didn't have SSH for a while, and installing it would error out. About an hour later I finally made room and could isntall SSH again, lol. The first one didn't stick, and I had to reinstall it again.

So, you can uninstall and reinstall it several times over until you get one that works. Make sure to reset beween uinstall/installs.
well i have deleted and reinstalled open ssh a couple of times and nothing..
maybe now that i have bosstool ill try that again...lets see what happenes

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
well i have deleted and reinstalled open ssh a couple of times and nothing..
maybe now that i have bosstool ill try that again...lets see what happenes

thanks
Please restart your phone after you uninstall.

For PDAs, sometimes the memory doesn't get flushed until you Reboot.