Bottom icon problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 22, 2007
brooklyn
My Bottom icons such as the phone, safari, mail, and i pod aren't working when i try to touch them. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix this?

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Did you try and reboot your phone? Hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button down at the same time til you see the Apple logo in the middle of the screen.

Spoolin414

Bronze
Dec 6, 2007
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Is there no response at all when you touch them or do they look like they try to access the corresponding app and than crash back to the homescreen?

If you modded the icons or anything I have no idea I would suggest a restore.

Nov 22, 2007
brooklyn
oooo i bought the phone off craigslist.com and it was 1.1 2 out the box so some other guy jail broke it for me because i cant unlock that firmware yet. Is there any way i can do that jail brake stuff by myself because i don't feel like paying for it again if i have to do it

cccc

Dec 16, 2007
Hey There
I am very sorry to inform you that you have been affected by the DEAD STRIP, go on google and search "iPhone Dead Strip" and you will realise many are having the same problem as you. Your 2 options are:
* take your phone for warranty if craiglist gave you a receipt

or

* replace the screen yourself and that sucks. Super Hard

You should research like me before you purchase, now i have clearly made up my mind that im not gonna purchase 1. Il stick with Nokia and Ericssons.

Edit:
**** Read This: http://www.intoiPhone.com/2007/08/0...orting-unresponsive-multi-touch-displays.html

Last edited by a moderator: