Bottom keypad buttons

Aug 29, 2007
Northern CA
I'm having problems with entering bottom buttons when typing. For example, when entering the first of two map locations, the bottom right 'next' button can't be entered even when I try to slide onto the keyboard at the bottom of the key. Other bottom buttons aren't as responsive as they were, but I can still play around and finally get the desired space or change of the keyboard.

I've had the phone for 4 months and have not had this problem. I seem to remember reading about sensitivity of the outboard buttons in David Pogue's manual but I don't have access to the manual and can't find anything by searching this forum.

Anyone know anything about this problem?

Thanks

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Try resetting the iPhone by pressing and hold the sleep/wake butn until the slide to power off the phone, then shut it down. After a minute then turn it back on.

If this did not cure it then you need to visit Dr. Apple. Make sure your phone is not jailbroken before you visit.

I'm having problems with entering bottom buttons when typing. For example, when entering the first of two map locations, the bottom right 'next' button can't be entered even when I try to slide onto the keyboard at the bottom of the key. Other bottom buttons aren't as responsive as they were, but I can still play around and finally get the desired space or change of the keyboard.

I've had the phone for 4 months and have not had this problem. I seem to remember reading about sensitivity of the outboard buttons in David Pogue's manual but I don't have access to the manual and can't find anything by searching this forum.

Anyone know anything about this problem?

Thanks

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah, after you try the reset, try restoring the phone completely, and then, if neither of those two options work, I would recommend the Apple store for you.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Reset, Restore, Apple Store. Hehe.

- John