Bottom part of iPhone screen doesn't work!

jaubrey

Oct 19, 2007
Well I have heard of this happening but I was the victim to it starting yesterday. The bottom portion of my screen is unresponisve to touch. I can not text message or use the space bar.

The screen is in perfect condition and looks great but the touch sensor went out. I use this phone businesss so I just don't know how I can get this repaired while going without a phone?

Has this happened to anyone here? What should I do and will Apple step up to the plate and help me? How long will it take?

Thanks for the help!

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Well I have heard of this happening but I was the victim to it starting yesterday. The bottom portion of my screen is unresponisve to touch. I can not text message or use the space bar.

The screen is in perfect condition and looks great but the touch sensor went oyut. I use this phone businesss so I just don't know how I can get this repaired while going without a phone?

Has this happened to anyone here? What should I do and will Apple step up to the plate and help me? How long will it take?

Thanks for the help!
Yes, it happened to me and many others. It's called a dead strip. It's a hardware problem. It's not fixable. Apple will give you a new phone. I exchanged mine at the Apple store in 2 minutes.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Yes this exact thing happened to me. I made appointment with genius bar at Apple store and they exchanged it. Mine happened after my iPhone got wet but this problem is not uncommon there are several threads here with people who have had the same problem. But do restore through iTunes first then take it in. If you are not near Apple store they will also exchange by mail if you call their 800 number.

Hayat

Jul 23, 2008
its 11:00am over here so good morning,
i've had the same problem since yesterday, the thing is , i bought my iPhone2 months ago and it is jailbroken and unlocked, i got it from china, and i live in Saudi arabia, where our SIM Companies doesn't support iPhones.
I made a soft reset, hard reset, totally formatted it, which now it doesn't support my SIM. i called our Apple store, they said they wouldn't replace it because it's without a warranty.
what should i do?
how can i get it fixed?
how can i call Apple in the US !

Dec 24, 2008
This is happening to mine to. I love my iPhone but my warranty has expired and do you think they will still replace it for free? Or has anyone found a fix without sending it in

--Carl--

Last edited by a moderator: