Bought an app but it disappeared

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I recently purchased an app, the icon was on the screen & everything but I hadn't used it. Later I rebooted my phone & when I looked it was gone. When I go to the App Store it says I can open it which assures me it was purchased but when I tap open it does absolutely nothing. I tried rebooting several times & looked in spotlight to make sure the icon wasn't just hid.

Sent using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I recently purchased an app, the icon was on the screen & everything but I hadn't used it. Later I rebooted my phone & when I looked it was gone. When I go to the App Store it says I can open it which assures me it was purchased but when I tap open it does absolutely nothing. I tried rebooting several times & looked in spotlight to make sure the icon wasn't just hid.
Sent using iCafe app
Did you double check folders and all? You could also try;
Settings, general, reset, Reset HomeScreen Layout.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Did you double check folders and all? You could also try;
Settings, general, reset, Reset HomeScreen Layout.
It's not in any folders or spotlight search would find it. I've also reset & hard reset multiple times.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Check to see if it's hidden with SBSettings or Springomize. It won't show up in Spotlight on iOS 6 if is.

If that doesn't work, this should allow you to reinstall it:

1. Connect your phone to your computer.
2. Open iTunes on your computer and search for the app in the App Store in iTunes.
3. Download the app in iTunes.
4. Do not sync. Now open the App Store on your phone and search for the app.
5. You should now see "install" instead of "open."
6. Install the app on the phone.