Bought Apps Suddenly Not Opening

Jan 11, 2007
Courtenay, B.C. Canada
Suddenly, every Application I have bought will not open... instead it flickers for a second as if it's going to open... then suddenly I am back to the home screen.

I have searched various Forums and found this problem quite prevalent, but all the fixes alluded to in my searches, are not working in my case. I have tried everything from deauthorizing, to resets, to downloading a free application, and I am still not able to open any of the Applications... other than those from Apple that came with my 3GS.

Thank you for your help.

AmyLyn

Bronze
Suddenly, every Application I have bought will not open... instead it flickers for a second as if it's going to open... then suddenly I am back to the home screen.

I have searched various Forums and found this problem quite prevalent, but all the fixes alluded to in my searches, are not working in my case. I have tried everything from deauthorizing, to resets, to downloading a free application, and I am still not able to open any of the Applications... other than those from Apple that came with my 3GS.

Thank you for your help.
This happened to me and the ONLY thing that worked was doing a restore from backup. I did all the other things mentioned and none of them worked. Hope you have a recent one! ;)

Jan 11, 2007
Courtenay, B.C. Canada
If restore from back up doesn't work you need to try restore as new device. See this thread.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/all-apps-crashing.44435/
Thank you so much for everyone's advice. I had to restore as a new device because my last backup was too new and would have only left me with the same problem. I spent the better part of the day restoring everything... a pain in the ass... so I sure hope Apple is aware of this problem of purchased apps suddenly not opening and come up with a more reasonable resolve to it.

Thanks again everyone...:)

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 27, 2009
This exact same thing happened to me when I loaded on apps via the OTA option on my iPhone. It was really weird because every app I had loaded on stopped working quite suddenly. The only fix that worked was to delete every app that was doing this and then re-load on via iTunes on my computer. That solved the problem and it has worked fine ever since.

Jan 11, 2007
Courtenay, B.C. Canada
This exact same thing happened to me when I loaded on apps via the OTA option on my iPhone. It was really weird because every app I had loaded on stopped working quite suddenly. The only fix that worked was to delete every app that was doing this and then re-load on via iTunes on my computer. That solved the problem and it has worked fine ever since.
Hmm? Good to know, because I ended up having to reset my 3GS as a new device, and all the rest that comes with doing that. If it ever happens to me again, I will try your method.

Thanks for sharing that with us.:eek:k:eek:k

Nick :)

ItsMeArjay

Bronze
Jul 23, 2009
Clearwater, FL
www.twitter.com
That was happening to me, sometimes there was an app that needed an update. But another thing I would do was delete a free app that I had, and re-download it. It worked everytime....so far lol. Hope that helps you without having to restore anything.

Andy65

Jul 27, 2009

Thank you for your help.
Have you tried restoring as a new device? This might do the trick. :)

~Andy