Bought iPad on eBay that is iCloud locked, need help

Discussion in 'iPad 4' started by lowrider69, Nov 17, 2014.

1. lowrider69

lowrider69 Member
    Bronze

hi guys,
    Just bought a ipad 16gb 4th generation off ebay but it said ,,ICLOUD LOCKED,,
    is there a way to reset back to factory setting please??
    add on ebay just said
    ipad is in very good condition,no scratches, but Icloud is locked ,no box,no charger

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

This iPad is a brick. You bought a stolen or lost device. The passcode can't be bypassed. Cancel the sale if you can. Otherwise you'll just have to sell it for parts since you won't be able to gain access to it.

3. lowrider69

lowrider69 Member
    Bronze

no not paid for it yet just won it never owned an ipad and not had an iphone since the 1st one so never really knew bout these things... thanks for the advice

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No problem. Glad you could get out of it on time. It's an Apple theft deterrent that's only been in place since 2013.

5. lowrider69

lowrider69 Member
    Bronze

to be honest I hate apple I did have an iphone 5 for all of about 1 day after giving up on my 1st iphone 1... went back to Samsung after a day and bought myself a note and never looked back don't think I'd ever move away from the galaxy again I think they wicked phones its just my kids collage uses the ipad and wanted to get her one if it was going cheap