BOYCOTT Intelliscreen!

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Maker of Intelliscreen is now making people buy the App. $5 for a STRIPPED DOWN VERSION WTF! or $20 for the full version or $50 if they want 6 months of BS support with it. This is also funny, the version for purchase messes up YouTube and does not have the option to turn off Email and SMS text preview.

BOYCOTT!

Last edited by a moderator:

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Maker of Intelliscreen is now making people buy the App. $5 for a STRIPPED DOWN VERSION WTF! or $20 for the full version or $50 if they want 6 months of BS support with it.

BOYCOTT!
You may be seeing more of this as the app store on iTunes get up and rolling.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Maker of Intelliscreen is now making people buy the App. $5 for a STRIPPED DOWN VERSION WTF! or $20 for the full version or $50 if they want 6 months of BS support with it. This is also funny, the version for purchase messes up YouTube and does not have the option to turn off Email and SMS text preview.

BOYCOTT!
I'm not sure I understand the reason for your boycott? Expect a steady stream of apps turning into paid apps. Granted, I understand not purchasing if it doesn't work properly.

Last edited:

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Way too much $$$

The developer is asking way too much for this App!

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
the cost of the apps is one thing that has me worried for the 2.0 app store... im willing to pay 5 bucks at the most for apps... that are for a phone..

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
$$

the cost of the apps is one thing that has me worried for the 2.0 app store... im willing to pay 5 bucks at the most for apps... that are for a phone..

I would be willing to pay $5-$10 for this App (It is one of my favorite Apps) but $50 for the full App and 6 months of support is ridiculous.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I hope I am wrong, but I to am concerned because I think $5 may be the low end for apps. I can see them going up to $15 for the better ones.

Arcano

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
The price is too high...problem is that this could became a trend in the near future...

steelcut

May 27, 2008
Wtf?

Where is the problem?
Let the developers/programmars try. If the masses are not willing to pay the more than ridiculous prices they demand, the prices will drop. Machinery of the market.
I totally agree, an iPhone app shouldn't be more than 5-15$.

I paid 5€ for AdBlock for MobileSafari. No problem with that.

If an app is too expensive and i would think i need it, i would search for a crack.. All the expensive apps are all cracked.. :D

These exaggerating devolpers should rather pay to zibri, devteam and the others for making developing actually possible.

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
$$$

Where is the problem?
I totally agree, an iPhone app shouldn't be more than 5-15$.
That's all i'm saying here. These App prices could have the potential to get out of control. Count how many 3rd party Apps you have and multiply them by $20 or even $50. I have about 25 that I use on a regular basis. If the developers follow this path those Apps would cost $500-$1250.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I have to agree. Once a free app now costs this mmuch? He can stick it because I wouldn't pay a dime for that below average piece of crap app! Most apps are extremley buggy and/or quite useless to begin with. They need to get on the ball if they expect to sell this crap.....

Don't quit your day job yet, half-ass designers!

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
I have to agree. Once a free app now costs this mmuch? He can stick it because I wouldn't pay a dime for that below average piece of crap app! Most apps are extremley buggy and/or quite useless to begin with. They need to get on the ball if they expect to sell this crap.....

Don't quit your day job yet, half-ass designers!

Agreed, a lot of these apps I've installed just get kicked to the curb in a couple days. Intelliscreen was very buggy for me, I'd give $5 for a completely flawless version, but I could also just actually "slide to unlock" and see all that stuff as how it was intended to bee seen anyhow.

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
The latest version has already been cracked.
Why pay anything for it, when it's FREE ..........:cool:

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
I tried to do the update and now it don't work at all. It said I will have a 10day free trial. Does anyone know if once you buy this thing will you be able to use it on 2.0 or the 3g?

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I don't mind paying for apps. Apps will only cost what the market will stand to bear, and clearly $20 is at the upper-most threshold for most of the apps out now. I agree that $5 or $10 sounds right to me.

For those of you deciding to charge for your apps.....At $20 per app, you might get 100 buyers. But at $5 per app, you could possibly get thousands of buyers. Do the math, then do the right thing.

Now, that said, I could see paying $20 or $30 for a well-constructed app that adds value to my life. Intelliscreen is just not worth more than $10, period.

For the rest of you,
I am creating an app called "Intellideuce". This amazing app will keep track of your bowel movements and alert you via text message whenever you have gone too long without a deuce. You'll be able to keep track of color, size, shape, and smell. All for the low low price of $40. But wait, if you buy within the next 20 minutes (because I can't do this all day) I will throw in an app that will tell you when your girlfriend is ovulating. That way you can avoid that dreaded child support and visitation issue!

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
For the rest of you,
I am creating an app called "Intellideuce". This amazing app will keep track of your bowel movements and alert you via text message whenever you have gone too long without a deuce. You'll be able to keep track of color, size, shape, and smell. All for the low low price of $40. But wait, if you buy within the next 20 minutes (because I can't do this all day) I will throw in an app that will tell you when your girlfriend is ovulating. That way you can avoid that dreaded child support and visitation issue!
LMAO!

ok, a couple of things. This app has come a long way from its buggy beginnings. I have had no problems since it came out of beta. As I posted in another thread, this app has added some features that are outstanding.
1. The ability to have 2 IntelliScreens. Double tap the clock and go to your second IntelliScreen. Very nice especially if you configure it to have your SMS and Email on the second page, makes it pretty hidden if someone doesn't know to double tap the clock.
2. Almost complete customization, from sizing windows to changing the skin.

I am not saying the cost is justified because it isn't, I would pay 5 for this app, maybe 10 if Im feeling generous. But Im going to be very disappointed when my 9 days expires. Hopefully the Dev wises up by then and drops the cost.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Personally, I have no problem paying $20 for an app I use, makes my life easier, and gets updated regularly. So far, Intelliscreen has been such an app. My only complaint is that the trial should be 30 days instead of 10.

I won't however pay $50 for a 6 month support version and $20 should get you updates for at least 1 year.

steelcut

May 27, 2008
i hate it

LMAO!

this app has added some features that are outstanding.
1. The ability to have 2 IntelliScreens. Double tap the clock and go to your second IntelliScreen. Very nice especially if you configure it to have your SMS and Email on the second page, makes it pretty hidden if someone doesn't know to double tap the clock.
2. Almost complete customization, from sizing windows to changing the skin.

Lol - whats the use of it? this is soo stupid, instead of doubletapping anything, and a new screen popping up, i can just move slider.

It is a f***ing ugly app with no use to me, because it has too little posibilities of customizing....cluttering the minimalistic concept of the iPhone..but hey, some people are happy with WinMobile. Some even clutter their iPhone with a Vista-Theme. So some maybe happy with this BS.

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
I have a problem with IntelliScreen because once I restarted my phone, it kept flashing white lines in front of a black background and wouldn't take me to my SpringBoard. I had to do the soft-reset thing, just to get it to act right. On top of that, once the program was installed and my phone was rebooted, the "Dock" app stopped working, and I have all my icons hidden except for the ones on the dock, so I couldn't access any of them.

THANK GOD for BossPrefs! I would've been sitting here trying to restore yet again, if I didn't have BossPrefs and its home button double-tap function enabled!

Dock works again after uninstalling that piece of s***, but now I'm worried because I just sped through that user agreement. Am I stuck having to pay for this garbage?

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
If the app's all go the route of charging money for them I will unload my phone and start looking for something else. I can see $2.99-$4.99 for the top-line apps but not more than that. Just think of the number of iPhones already sold and those that they will predict will be sold in the coming year, and just think how much money these app developers will be getting paid at $5.00 an app let alone $20.00 or more!