Brand new iPhone 3G owner with question

Antmf

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
Hey guys got my first iPhone 3G and man this phone is awesome. I am a novice still with it and was wondering what apps from the apps store are a must and which do you recommend? Can you give a brief description as to what they do as well? Thanks all...

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Well it would be a little easier to recommend some if you said what kind of stuff you do, or are interested in, etc. :)

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
There are quite a few apps that are must haves for me and some that are just fun. Box Office is a must own for me. Great little app. I am digging Shazam right now as well. I think it is amazing that you open this app and let it listen to the song you are listing to and it gives you the artist, song, and album. Great app. Those are just two, both are free as well.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
Enigmo and Super Monkey Ball.

TomRS

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
Younote is a great way to put together notes. Pandora is a free internet radio app that is great. Sportstap is a free way to get all your sports scores. There are a ton more, but those three are my most used and fav's.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I am just starting to try out a ton of apps. If you are a BoankOfAmerica account holder, download their banking APP. Neat.

Also, look in the APPS FORUM. Plenty of advice and tips in there.

Also, your can look at various APP REVIEWS as well. We fill them in as we can.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottNWDW

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Some of my favoritesso far are:
Splash Money, still has a few bugs, but have been using Splash Money on Palm and Windows Mobile for years and now it is on the iPhone. Keeps track of bank accounts, 401K etc.

Splash ID, same as above as far as using it for years and this is a gret app to keep track of all those passwords and combinations we all have in our daily lives

Showtimes is another good app. Impressd my non-iphone friends when I was able to find out what movies were playing at the local theater and what times etc in a matter of seconds.

Five Dice If you like the game Yahtzee, This is a great little game to get.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Pandora Radio- good music
Remote- control your music on the computer

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
you should look at the top 25 paid and free apps list on iTunes, that may give you some ideas