Brand new iPhone, live wallpapers don't animate

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Rafagon, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I just received my new iPhone 6s Plus earlier today.

I've updated it to iOS 9.0.1.

I've been unable to make a Live Wallpaper show animation.

Even at the Wallpaper selection/preview screen, which instructs you to "Press on the screen to see this wallpaper animate," when I press on the screen, no animation occurs.

My "Reduce Motion" is set to OFF, just in case that might have anything to do with it.

Is there anything I'm missing? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Make sure your camera is set to Live Photo mode (yellow icon).
    image.jpeg

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Thank you for that. I went ahead and selected Live Photo mode, but no signs of life yet with the Live Wallpapers.

I'm not even talking about making my own Live Wallpapers from one of my photographs shot in Live Photo mode. I'm trying to go with one of the built-it ones from iOS. Neither the fish nor the clouds show any signs of live whatsoever during wallpaper preview, nor after being selected. I tried the Home Screen, the Lock Screen, and even that wallpaper selection screen with the sentence I quoted in the original post. :( I tried a light tap and a deeper press, and nothing.

EDIT: Okay, wait, I got it! I was understimating the amount of force I needed to use. I pressed a little harder this time, and it worked. :)

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, you have to press pretty hard. Live wallpaper doesn't work on the home screen.

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I've gone with a still photo already. :D Maybe the feature will improve in 9.1. *fingers crossed icon*