Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Breaking Bad[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2008-01-19[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Vince Gilligan[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Bryan Cranston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anna Gunn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aaron Paul[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dean Norris[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Betsy Brandt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]RJ Mitte[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bob Odenkirk[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]Breaking Bad is an American crime drama television series created and produced by Vince Gilligan. Set and produced in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Breaking Bad is the story of Walter White, a struggling high school chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer at the beginning of the series. He turns to a life of crime, producing and selling methamphetamine, in order to secure his family's financial future before he dies, teaming with his former student, Jesse Pinkman. Heavily serialized, the series is known for positioning its characters in seemingly inextricable corners and has been labeled a contemporary western by its creator.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Finally Caught up with this season latest episode, I know the season is about to end but I really want to talk some breaking bad.

If you haven't watched the show or the last episode (crawl space) and want to, you might not want to read this thread.

Ok, crawl space: whatta hell is going on, is Jesse acting this way to protect Mr white, his own way, or hes really trying to get him out of the picture completely?
I know he told Gus he wouldn't work for him if he killed Walter, but I'm just a bit confused as why he's acting this way towards him.

And your thoughts on the last scene where walter found out that the money was missing in the crawl space ( good old skyler :D )

What's next?

Last edited by a moderator:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I think Jesse took that stance with Gus for a couple of reasons:

-- Out of one last tiny feeling of owing something to Walter. He no longer respects Walter and really can't stand him, but he does not want him killed.

-- Because, as the story goes on, Jesse is becoming one of the strongest and most decent characters within it. He is loyal and not brutal and not always out for himself. I like the way he has gone from being a sort of hopeless drug addict to quite a strong figure.

That last scene - I think Walt is laughing a crazy man's laugh. The laugh of a guy who knows everything is coming crashing down and he can't escape it.

Can't wait to see the last two episodes.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I just don't like how they've cut out walt's character from the show a lot. And I'm starting to really hate skyler,
that's how good her character is.

Btw breaking bad: second best show ever.
haven't been this hooked since Lost.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I don't think they've cut out Walt's character. I think it's more that they are showing that he is the one who has been most corrupted by all of this, the one who has most sold his soul.

I never got into Lost. Kept wanting to, but never remembered to watch it each week.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Skyler got a lot of butt whooping already...oh nevermind :D

The last episode was the best one yet. Jesse's character is so freaking cool. Wish I could call everyone out like that, but moderators wouldn't like it lol
Damn it, forgot to "official" the thread.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Meth cook, right? Haven't seen it. Heard it's really good, though.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Meth cook, right? Haven't seen it. Heard it's really good, though.
Bryan Cranston is amazing, could've never imagine from watching him in Malcolm in the middle that he was that good as a drama actor as well. His dark humor is something I've never seen on tv before.
The show mindi, I was very skeptical at first, but after reading here people talking about it I gave it a shot.
After The first 3 episodes I wasn't sure what I was watching, after that it got really good, this past season has been out of this world.
been going to sleep at 3-4 am to catch up to the current season.
watch it, give it 5-6 episodes, then let us know :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Gotta watch Battlestar Galactica first.

So many good TV shows, so little time...

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Just do what i did, don't sleep lol

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Just watched the last episode today. Best episode in the series so far, in my opinion. I'm starting to like this show even more than Dexter.

I laughed uncontrolably when Ted bit it. Little bastard deserved it. I'm half expecting Harvey Keitel to make an appearance as The Wolf to disappear Walt.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
SPOILER ALERT

I can't remember which episode or season it was, skyler leaves walt a voicemail message, he got beat up the night before or got drunk, it was around the time they were getting a divorce and he was in a really bad mood. He listens to the voicemail and skyler was telling him not to show his face again or she'll call the police on him and he grabs him self and said "blah blah blah this!" just his face and voice tone and seeing him in his underwear ( which happens quite a lot btw )
Was the funniest thing ever!

Latest episode was seriously something out of a Oscar winning gangster movie, just amazing.

This is my favorite quote from the show, there's too many to chose from.

"Smoking marijuana, eating Cheese Doodles, and masturbating do not constitute 'plans' in my book!"

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
There is one episode very in the beginnings Jesse walks in this druggies house
He tries to recover $ they stole
The house was a dump and trashy or worse
They couple was wasted but there was a little boy and that kid was filthy, no cloth and hungry
Jesse makes him a sandwhich
It is the most memorable scene of the show IMO
I cried my eyes out

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
They couple was wasted but there was a little boy and that kid was filthy, no cloth and hungry
I cried my eyes out
I remember that scene vividly too. He looks after that kid quite a bit. I think that's one of the most powerful themes in the show - the way that Jesse has gone from useless waster to a loyal stalwart. Ok, a loyal stalwart to a hitman and a drug king, but it feels as if Jesse tries hard to do the right thing, within the confine of the life he's got.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Just watched the last episode today. Best episode in the series so far, in my opinion. I'm starting to like this show even more than Dexter.

I laughed uncontrolably when Ted bit it. Little bastard deserved it. I'm half expecting Harvey Keitel to make an appearance as The Wolf to disappear Walt.
That whole scene with the 'A Team' visit to Ted's place was priceless. What an A team.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I cried my eyes out
Aaron Paul has an amazing career ahead of him. Hope he stays around tv shows for a long time, I hate it when I like an actor on a tv series then they move into making movies and you rarely see them anymore, great example, T. R. Knight.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Aaron Paul has an amazing career ahead of him. Hope he stays around tv shows for a long time, I hate it when I like an actor on a tv series then they move into making movies and you rarely see them anymore, great example, T. R. Knight.
Is that the actor's name who plays Jessie? That's always assuming it's not you who plays Jessie of course.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
nope, that's just an avatar I found on my lab ;)

Yes. The actor who plays Jesse.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Tonight is breaking bad nite, hope nothing crazy happens LOL jk