Breaking Bad

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it's not big enough. iPhone 5 pixel height is 1136, this is 960. You could stretch it, but it wouldn't look very good.

But if you got the original pic of jesse, it would be easy to make a new one.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
it's not big enough. iPhone 5 pixel height is 1136, this is 960. You could stretch it, but it wouldn't look very good.

But if you got the original pic of jesse, it would be easy to make a new one.
Bummer. I'd be happy without Jesse in the background too.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
@Europa can you resize this for the iPhone 5, pretty please!
This is non-parallax version for use when reduce motion is on. The resolution was slightly decreased when I resized it, but it's not stretched and you don't really notice the decreased resolution when it's on the phone since the image is blurred to start out with. I was going to make one one from scratch by adding the blur and the text to a bigger original of Aaron Paul, but the biggest image I could find was 960x640, so this is a good as it gets with this pic. Because of the text, this version doesn't work right with Parallax on. I did make a second one with the correct parallax resolution, but it chops off the text when you apply it since the text goes almost all the way to the edges. Let me know if you really want a parallax version of this and I'll make it from scratch with text that doesn't get so close to the edges.

non-parallax.png

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Here are a couple of parallax versions that I made from scratch. It's centered when it's applied. These work with reduce motion on or off.

Paul2.png

ap4.png

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
This is non-parallax version for use when reduce motion is on. The resolution was slightly decreased when I resized it, but it's not stretched and you don't really notice the decreased resolution when it's on the phone since the image is blurred to start out with. I was going to make one one from scratch by adding the blur and the text to a bigger original of Aaron Paul, but the biggest image I could find was 960x640, so this is a good as it gets with this pic. Because of the text, this version doesn't work right with Parallax on. I did make a second one with the correct parallax resolution, but it chops off the text when you apply it since the text goes almost all the way to the edges. Let me know if you really want a parallax version of this and I'll make it from scratch with text that doesn't get so close to the edges.

View attachment 31611
It works fine. Thank you!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I started watching the show again, I'm in season 2 E6 I feel like I'm watching the show for the 1st time as I'm hooked again.

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD