Breaking Bad

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well the cops were right there. he was shot. and he had terminal cancer. So he'd basically be in a prison hospital for the rest of whatever life he has. sounds like a thrilling epilogue.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I was going for something more like "Blue is the New Black".

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Walter and Jesse make a great team despite their differences. I really enjoyed the show.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Breaking Bad[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2008-01-19[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Vince Gilligan[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Bryan Cranston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anna Gunn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aaron Paul[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dean Norris[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Betsy Brandt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]RJ Mitte[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bob Odenkirk[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]Breaking Bad is an American crime drama television series created and produced by Vince Gilligan. Set and produced in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Breaking Bad is the story of Walter White, a struggling high school chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer at the beginning of the series. He turns to a life of crime, producing and selling methamphetamine, in order to secure his family's financial future before he dies, teaming with his former student, Jesse Pinkman. Heavily serialized, the series is known for positioning its characters in seemingly inextricable corners and has been labeled a contemporary western by its creator.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
You cannot watch part of one episode and expect it to be interesting! LOL! This is one of the best TV shows ever, as I'm sure others right here on this thread will agree with me.

You have to start at season 1, episode 1, and this "Breaking Bad Binge" event on AMC that I posted about is a great place to start. I'm assuming you have AMC because you mentioned you watched part of one episode. If you record that Binge event to your DVR, maybe you could start with one or two episodes, then watch one or two episodes per day or every two days as time allows. Of course, if you don't wanna bother with Tivo'ing and all that jazz, you can head on over to the iTunes Store and purchase episodes there, but, it won't be free, obviously.

Here are some awards that the show has gotten (click on each image below to enlarge for easier reading):

1 -
1.png

2 -
2.png

L

Lani Lei

Wow..such a long thread! Believe it or not guys, I am yet to catch a simple episode of Breaking Bad. Been hearing rave reviews about it but gave up after falling behind so much. Will probably need to buy the series on DVD and have some marathon watching sessions. I am hoping it is as good as everyone says it is!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Well technically we never saw Walter die.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Well technically we never saw Walter die.
He was shot and he slid down to the ground and started to black out right as the cops arrived. Regardless if he died or went to prison, I'm glad the show ended there and didn't get drawn out or have a lame lumberjack-type ending. It is my favorite show of all time and it ended right where it needed to.

And now we get a spinoff. It's perfect.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
True, and I agree. I'd still watch it thou. I was ok with how and when it ended, but there's nothing good on tv, game of thrones takes too long, the others hasn't even started production yet and I believe the same for true detectives. I need something epic to start now!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
True, and I agree. I'd still watch it thou. I was ok with how and when it ended, but there's nothing good on tv, game of thrones takes too long, the others hasn't even started production yet and I believe the same for true detectives. I need something epic to start now!
I'm a little restless as well. Better Call Saul in February and Game of Thrones in April.
2015, I want you here now! (y)

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I heard that since true blood is done they can extend the season to 16 or more episodes, don't know if it's true. I know that the current season is too short, and it's not just me.