bricked iPhone

stevenshizzle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I tried the installer update to 1.1.3. It rebooted and 1.1.3 was working fine. Then I opened SMB preferences, the phone reset to the connect to iTunes screen with the cord going to the iTunes icon. I get the above message. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

stevenshizzle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
just restore it again
I don't see how I can reset it. This time, instead of asking me to restore it, I just get this screen. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance for feedback and advice :)

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
close down iTunes and turn off iPhone...restart iTunes, then restart phone. should recognize restore mode at that point

stevenshizzle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
close down iTunes and turn off iPhone...restart iTunes, then restart phone. should recognize restore mode at that point
Thank you but that did not work. Is there a program I can use to access and maybe wipe out everything on the iPhone to make iTunes look at it differently? I'd like to take it to the Apple store, but the application that shows batter level in numbers and the status bar notifier still appears to work. Apple will know it was hacked.

I'm scared :oops:

AusZero

Jan 6, 2008
I have this same problem how did you solve it?

Jun 15, 2008
kenya
hi all

my phone developed some software problem and i cannot kick it out of recovery all the times i try to do a recovery on iTunes it hangs for long and nothing good comes from this how do i go about restoring this phone intead of having an expensive brick with me

Jun 15, 2008
kenya
how do i register on iTunes without going through the normal way because i am from an unsupported country and want to enjoy the apps that are on the itune stores

Jun 15, 2008
kenya
is there an iPhone pc suite for iPhone 3g firmwares that works especially firmware 2.2