bricked my iPhone... what should i do?

ved9311

May 11, 2008
I was in the middle of class when all of a sudden i lost all service and couldnt even connect to Wifi, i didn't have anything thing even downloaded on it besides music which i put on months ago...

Anyway how do I fiX this problem...:(

ved9311

May 11, 2008
I gave it to my cousin, his friends know all bout that iPhone crap and he told my cousin it was bricked.. so idkk..

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Go to setting ,general, restore.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Turn your phone off and then back on. Your phone isn't bricked. Calm down. Your buddy doesn't know what he's talking about.

If that doesn't work, RESTORE your phone using iTunes.

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
Yeah your cousin's friends don't know anything. Your phone isn't bricked. Just go to your iPhone settings and do a restore. A bricked iPhone is when you turn it on and all you see is black and you can't do anything with it. Or does the screen even turn on when it is bricked. Anyways main point here is that yours is easily fixable. Take it to an Apple store nearby if you have one.

ved9311

May 11, 2008
Thanks guys for the help, i knew it wasn't bricked but thats what the dude said idk he must be on something. But thanks ;]

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
Yeah, i tried to do the setting ,general, restore but didn't work, know my phone everytime i turn it on shows the connect to iTunes symbol(s)

Example: http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/connect-to-itunes.jpg

Should i do a restore from iTunes then? And what will the restore exactly do?
That screen means you need to plug into iTunes and do a restore. When you do a restore, you reset your phone back to its factory settings. Hopefully you have backed up the phone before this happened. If not, plug into iTunes, and try to sync the phone before you do a restore. If you cant sync, or have all ready backed up your phone, you will lose everything on the phone. (contacts, music, pr0n, etc.) Hope this helps!

ved9311

May 11, 2008
Yeah everything was backed up bc i lost everything before and i just synced it and got everything back however when i did a restore from i tunes it was 'verifying iPhone firmware' and it went on for about a hour and i just got sick of waiting and unplugged and its back to the same symbols before i did that.... idk what to do...

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yeah everything was backed up bc i lost everything before and i just synced it and got everything back however when i did a restore from i tunes it was 'verifying iPhone firmware' and it went on for about a hour and i just got sick of waiting and unplugged and its back to the same symbols before i did that.... idk what to do...
You shouldve left it plugged in. Just restore it again and leave it alone until its finished.