Bricked My iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 13, 2007
Im pretty sure that i bricked my iPhone

I was using this guide here
http://modmyiPhone.com/wiki/index.ph...e_Modding_OS_X

and downloaded the restore package, and iNdependence, and hit the jailbreak button... it jailbreaked. Said jailbreak successful, and then 10 seconds later it said some sort of an error.

I restarted my iPhone. But it took 5 minutes for the phone to boot up. Once it did, everything runs really slow. like 1 min after i click on something, it pops up. So i connect to computer, open independence, and cant connect.

i open up iTunes, i get this error

iTunes could not connect to the iPhone "iPhone" because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000023).

please help me
i did a clean restore before trying the hack, and i synced, so i have everything backed up but i cant connect.. what do i do ...

PLEASE!

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
Press the top button and the bottom round button at the same time and hold them; keep holding when the Apple logo appears, hold until a yellow triangle shows up. Then open iTunes and restore your phone.

Your phone isn't bricked (if so it wouyld just sit there like a brick). It should be fine.

Jul 13, 2007
that does not work... when i hold those two, it turns off, then Apple logo comes up , then turns off, then Apple logo comes up, then turns off, and just stays off no matter how long i hold it

May 6, 2007
United States
Key lesson here if you want to be completely safe, is to NOT mod your iPhone. Although there can be some benefits, it is obviously not what Apple wants you to do, and there are great risks in modding things. I would take everything mod-wise off of it and leave it how it is supposed to be, but that's just me. I haven't modded my iPhone yet, and I don't plan to.

Saurabh

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
VA
Listen, i had a problem like this, Dock your iPhone, then hold the sleep button (top one) and the home button. It goes into recovery mode. I couldn't get into recovery mode otherwise. Try it and recover. It will take time.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Key lesson here if you want to be completely safe, is to NOT mod your iPhone. Although there can be some benefits, it is obviously not what Apple wants you to do, and there are great risks in modding things. I would take everything mod-wise off of it and leave it how it is supposed to be, but that's just me. I haven't modded my iPhone yet, and I don't plan to.

Agreed.:)

Saurabh

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
VA
Well i thought the same thing after i had the recover after almost soiling my pants after the same problem as the OP, but then i followed the directions carefuly and i am extremely happy that i modded it. I have notifications for aim, but there are also many downsides.

Saurabh

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
VA
what do you mean by notifications for aim? and what downsides?
Like when you get a text, your cell rings or w\e. on this app the phone vibrates or makes the AIM sound. MUCH better then the online app. The downsides of modding are the freezing, Glitches. And i also get the Black Screen of Death ( lol just made that up) but that happens when all your icons disappear. And all there is left is a black screen.

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
which app are you using that notifications actually work? i have mobile chat and apollo IM and i don't get notifications, i just get the sound...

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Without lab rats, we won't know the full capabilities of the iPhone. I won't do much to mine, but I do like to hear about people that really exploit the phones.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I have never heard of ONE person bricking their iPhone that hasn't physically opened it up. The risk is very very very very very......VERY...small.:p