bricked my phone?

projkt13

Oct 22, 2007
Oceanside, CA
Helpppp ... I think I bricked my phone. When I turn on my unlocked 1.02 iPhone it goes to a screen with a yellow cone saying I need to ''connect to iTunes''.

I connect it to iTunes and iit says its in recovery mode and needs to restore. I click on restore and it says that in order for it to restore I have to update also.

I can't update because it will kill my phone right? Can someone please give me guidance before the husband finds out lol. Its his phone and its his birthday ... I feel so bad. Help!

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
just update....that will just restore it to factory 1.1.4 I think, then youll have to join the mass of people jailbreaking through ziPhone, its quite simple and should only take you 20 mins at most!

Risk it for a biscuit. He who dares wins.

Go for it. its not going to brick your phone now is it (note, im not 100% sure as ive never been near 1.0.2)

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Helpppp ... I think I bricked my phone. When I turn on my unlocked 1.02 iPhone it goes to a screen with a yellow cone saying I need to ''connect to iTunes''.

I connect it to iTunes and iit says its in recovery mode and needs to restore. I click on restore and it says that in order for it to restore I have to update also.

I can't update because it will kill my phone right? Can someone please give me guidance before the husband finds out lol. Its his phone and its his birthday ... I feel so bad. Help!
Yes you can update. You will have to unlock again, but you can always update.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
yeah like aaronsiPhone said, you should be able to restore, update to 1.1.4 and then unlock/jailbreak again through ZiPhone which takes less than a minute literally. One click of a button and it's all done for ya.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
like ive said ive never seen 1.0.2 but im sure your in for a shock when you ypdate.....1.1.4 is full of new tricks!

Let us know how you go on

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
try this.

download ibrickr, open it. click "boot my iPhone!" if the screen becomes green, open iTunes, and click restore - then restore and update. after it is done, download ZiPhone, and when the iPhone asks for activation, click Do It All in ZiPhone, and it will work for a bit, disregard all messages from iTunes while it is at it, and then when it boots, you're set.

good day.

projkt13

Oct 22, 2007
Oceanside, CA
So there is no way to get back my previous apps and settings? I'd like to revive it to the way I had it this morning. He had some doc's on there that he might need. I guess I screwed it up ....

I bought the phone unlocked so I didn't unlock it myself nor do I know how lol. I guess ill just have to try ...

Thanks guys

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
try this.

download ibrickr, open it. click "boot my iPhone!" if the screen becomes green, open iTunes, and click restore - then restore and update. after it is done, download ZiPhone, and when the iPhone asks for activation, click Do It All in ZiPhone, and it will work for a bit, disregard all messages from iTunes while it is at it, and then when it boots, you're set.

good day.

There's no reason to do it all if she's using AT&T. All she will really need to do is upgrade to 1.1.4 and then jailbreak.

projkt13, are you using AT&T or someone else?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Sorry, side note..... I wish we could just ban the word brick... LOL. No ofence to the OP.

projkt13

Oct 22, 2007
Oceanside, CA
so basically I lost all of my info on my phone right?
everything in calendar and notes etc ... and all of my apps?