Briefcase - File Transfer Between iPhones!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
The Unofficial Apple Weblog took a look at the latest file transfer app that will be in the App Store soon:

First Look: Briefcase for iPhone

Like Datacase, Air Sharing and other apps, you can upload files from your computer/laptop to your iPhone. But, the interesting thing about Briefcase is that you can transfer between iPhones on a wi-fi connection! Holy Zune! Wouldn't that be cool? :cool:

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
/revive

Over wifi? doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
/revive

Over wifi? doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose
Well, you can download from your iPhone to your computer and then upload to another iPhone. But, we can cut the middle man!

Or, you could be at a hotspot with a friend and trade pics, songs, etc. Not quite as effective as Zune but I think it's a worthwhile feature to set it apart from DataCase, Air Sharing, etc.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
What would be cool is to have that feature where you can share a song just for like 3 plays or whatever it is on zune. So you both can listen to the same song at the same time (and not have to share the headphones or whatever)

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Well, you can download from your iPhone to your computer and then upload to another iPhone. But, we can cut the middle man!

Or, you could be at a hotspot with a friend and trade pics, songs, etc. Not quite as effective as Zune but I think it's a worthwhile feature to set it apart from DataCase, Air Sharing, etc.
wait, you have to be at an actual hot spot? you can't just directly transfer to another iPhone using the wireless

What would be cool is to have that feature where you can share a song just for like 3 plays or whatever it is on zune. So you both can listen to the same song at the same time (and not have to share the headphones or whatever)
I never thought that was cool, only getting to keep it for 3 days/plays? don't really see the point in that

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
So you can listen to the song at the same time.

I haven't tried briefcase but I guarantee you cant keep a song that you send someone
I think napster kinda showed us where the RIAA stands on that

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
wait, you have to be at an actual hot spot? you can't just directly transfer to another iPhone using the wireless.
You should be able to transfer between iPhones on the same wi-fi connection. I was just using hotspots as an example. But, yes, you do need a wi-fi connection to make it happen.