Brightness at 50%, impact on battery life

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
and WOW, what a difference in battery life, its 8pm and i barely put adent into the batteries life.. i can prob charge it every other day instead of every day now.. and its not that dark.. i can see it great

typer922

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
I rock 25%. Perfectly fine for my eyes.
yes, I'm about 20% I think it's plenty bright. I put mine back up to 50% after reading this thread and it was amazed how bright it was in the factory setting. I think everyone should put theirs down to about 25% for a day. You will get used to it and save your battery life.

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I used to leave my treo at about 75% for daily use. if i was ever in the sun, Id have to crank it up to 100%.

I'm amazed at how much brighter the iPhone's 40% is than the treo's 75%.

The iPhone's set at 25% for daily use and its perfect. :D

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Haha disneyland was my exact thought when i thought about raising the brightness. That's the only time I can remember raising it on my treo.

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
You have got to be kidding me. im on 6 hrs usage, 11 hours 4 minutes standby :rolleyes:
yeah i was exaggerating. :(

you will notice some battery life increase if you lower it though. Not a tremendous amount. But combine that with turning off wifi when not in use, and turning it to ring as opposed to ring+vibe, and you will get another hour or two. Enough to seriously consider doing it.

UhhhFresh

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
yeah i was exaggerating. :(

you will notice some battery life increase if you lower it though. Not a tremendous amount. But combine that with turning off wifi when not in use, and turning it to ring as opposed to ring+vibe, and you will get another hour or two. Enough to seriously consider doing it.
Yeah, gotta admit. the iPhone has the best batt life out of all the phones I have had..

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Don't you guys use the automatic setting? Does the automatic setting sucjk or something?

Just wondering....

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
train yourself to use lower settings. I was at 100% and then I cut it to30% after that 50% seemed crazy bright. Then dropped it down to 20 and 30 seems real bright. Be qusr your used to the dark

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
today... I had 4 hours, 9 minutes of usage...

14 hours, 32 minutes on standby...

And still had a little bit of battery left. w00t.