Brightness of screen

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by BD22, Dec 13, 2012.

1. BD22

BD22 New Member

My wife & I both have the 4s & lately both phones have started to arbitrarily dim the brightness of the screen having nothing to do with the 5 minute "auto lock" setting. Is there a fix for this or a symptom of a bigger problem?

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Is your brightness set to auto? If so you will see your screen go dimmer or brighter if it notices a change in ambient light. For example if you have your finger over the sensor or move it to where it has more light in the screen. Try turning brightness auto off and see of it still happens

Sent using iCafe app

3. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

I've had it happen a few random times & my auto brightness is off. For some reason the screen goes dim to where everything is just barely visible. I just lock it & unlock & it's good after that. Must be some sort of bug somewhere. I have iPhone 5 so it must be a software issue.

4. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I do know that right before the phone goes to sleep the screen goes dim for a second or two. If you tap the screen the brightness comes back. If you do nothing screen locks.

Sent using iCafe app

5. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

That's not it. It randomly goes dim while you're doing something. To get the normal brightness back you gotta lock & then unlock.

6. Jsims1

Jsims1 Member
    Bronze

My 4s used to do that. But after awhile it stopped and has worked fine with auto brightness on ever since. I think I may have calibrated it somehow. I believe there was an article on here or somewhere else that showed me how. That may be what fixed the issue.

7. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I've seen this happen once or twice. I thought maybe it was related to the temperature when I saw it, because I was charging at the time, and it does get a little warm when charging.

8. Terry M.

Terry M. Contributor
    Silver

Mine does the exact same thing occasionally. iPhone 5