brightness/sleep mode issue

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

annekevdl

Nov 25, 2011
Heyaa

When I am on Skype at night I turn the brightness to zero. Previously I had no issues, the brightness would turn off at zero and when I turned the brightness up, my Skype call would be there, no lock screen. Now when I put the brightness down, only moments later my screen turns back on and I touch the trackpad and it turns back off, after 15 minutes or so it goes to the lock screen which ultimately disconnects me from my Skype call after an hour or so. In the past, I had left my brightness on with iTunes running and walked away and the screen would lock, with Skype running as well however when the brightness was down, Skype would remain on the screen and in the active call.

So my question is, if anyone has faced this issue with the light coming back on, how to fix it? Furthermore, how do I make my Skype stay active without the laptop going to sleep mode? Possibly finding the old version of Skype? Or is this a system issue?

Additional notes: I had my energy saver settings set to 15 minutes previously, and still remain the same so uncertain as to why this is a new issue. Have read about the brightness issue elsewhere not dealing with Skype, however same issue, but no solution. AppleCare also have no resolution for this issue and blame it on third party applications which it may possibly be.

annekevdl

Nov 25, 2011
Fixed the brightness issue, unticked "Automatically reduce brightness before display goes to sleep" because it is already reduced I suppose it wakes up to go to sleep? haha. However, how do I avoid the screen lock as I previously had working