Broke 1.1.4...Works Fine

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
used ziPhone...Scrobbler won't install unfortunately ('needs 1.1,2,3') ...all others did...
Great deal, this ZiPhone!

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I would do it but I'd lose everything I've done so far. I'm not updating until 1.2.

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
Not updating until what?

Dec 16, 2007
used ziPhone...Scrobbler won't install unfortunately ('needs 1.1,2,3') ...all others did...

I just did too on x.x.4 but i cant get the Summerboard to install because it requires x.x.3 or .2

Any input would be great....

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks for the heads up, I can't believe 1.1.4 is already out! I'm still waiting on MobileFinder to be 1.1.3 compliant!

Dec 16, 2007
Will it also unlock the phone or just jailbreak
Should of gone more into detail with it..... I had a x.x.2 to begin with and jailbroke that, then updated to the 1.1.3 through installer and worked fine as well with the exception of customize not working on x.3. So last night i was playing around with the phone and installed a app that was for a x.2 and it crashed my phone. I did a recovery on it and iTunes fixed my phone and updated it to the x.4. I did the ZiPhone jailbreak on it and now i cant get my Summerboard to work on it.....

So im thinking this: Downgrade to x.3 jailbreak and then back to x.4? Reason for this is because installer wont let me install because it says its not x.4 compatible.... This blows! hahahahahaha

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Should of gone more into detail with it..... I had a x.x.2 to begin with and jailbroke that, then updated to the 1.1.3 through installer and worked fine as well with the exception of customize not working on x.3. So last night i was playing around with the phone and installed a app that was for a x.2 and it crashed my phone. I did a recovery on it and iTunes fixed my phone and updated it to the x.4. I did the ZiPhone jailbreak on it and now i cant get my Summerboard to work on it.....

So im thinking this: Downgrade to x.3 jailbreak and then back to x.4? Reason for this is because installer wont let me install because it says its not x.4 compatible.... This blows! hahahahahaha
I don't think your going to be able to get summerboard to work on 1.1.4 yet. I heard that program just doesn't support that firmware yet.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
yes customize or summerboard don't work yet unfortunately. I upgraded because of the increased processor power and reported faster speeds ofthe phone which have proved to be true.

daycheck

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
Logan utah
www.tosque.com

Total newbie here .. and I just used ZiPhone on my 8gig iPhone for the first time about 10 minutes ago.. and so far.. all is well..

thanks for all the great reading on this site..

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Total newbie here .. and I just used ZiPhone on my 8gig iPhone for the first time about 10 minutes ago.. and so far.. all is well..

thanks for all the great reading on this site..
welcome to the forum! and welcome to the darkside of the iPhone world. i say jailbreakem all!

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
@ daycheck.

if you don't mind me asking, what firmware did you break with? and also if it was 1.1.4 what all apps are you using?

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
He's right customize and smb do not work right now with firmware 1.1.4 (for now).

Also I did a fresh restore to 1.1.4 from 1.1.3 JB and a 1.1.3 JB to 1.1.4 using zip and it worked well either way. The only problem is when I went from 1.1.3 JB to 1.1.4 the installer thought I still had smb and other programs, but no icons. So I could not try and re install them. That is why I restored to a fresh 1.1.4.

I would also like to take a sec to say I told you so.....
Before word of Nate leaving the Dev team and them holding the 1.1.3 JB for SDK, I got a lot of crap because I disagreed. I said that Apple would have another update before SDK. And look here it is. Then Nate left and we got the JB.

SO I TOLD YOU SO to all the morons out there that said I was crazy.:mad:

daycheck

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
Logan utah
www.tosque.com
@ daycheck.

if you don't mind me asking, what firmware did you break with? and also if it was 1.1.4 what all apps are you using?
yes it was 1.1.4 so far got ebook, games 15 and iblackjack
network apollo navizon gps system appflow, bsd subsystem
metallic theam, tweaks 1.1.3/4 safari patch and ox x wallpaper pack

but I cant find the wallpaper pack.. so not sure if it installed right.

daycheck

Bronze
Feb 27, 2008
Logan utah
www.tosque.com
I am not sure what I am doing.. but when I go to install a program that "wont work" like.. iPod3 it says.. it wont work.. ok.. got that.. but it seems to be hung on that and when I try to install different one.. it comes up and still says failed to install "then the previous program that failed" name shows up..

does that make any sense.. lol

then i restart and it's ok..

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I use the trem morons because I was told I was a dumb $%% for saying they should release the 1.1.3 jailbreak because Apple would release another update before SDK. And that it was a waste of time to hold the 1.1.3 JB.

Keagle

Bronze
Feb 2, 2008
Which version of ZiPhone did you use? 2.3 or 2.4? Thanks.

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
2.4 works to jailbreak 1.1.4 .....
at first i tired to do it with 1.1.2 jailbroken and my phone got stuck in the Apple logo rebooting so i had to do a fresh 1.1.4 meaning restoring the phone and then doing right after