Broke my iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm devastated. :( I never thought this could happen to me as I'm always so cautious with my possessions. Last night as I was leaving and outside I dropped my iPhone 4S as I was taking it out of my holster. It just slipped out of my hand as I gripped it the wrong way and it hit the side of the curb cracking the front screen. I always keep it in my Mophie battery case but this time I had my case charging and took my New Trent external battery with me instead.

I'm looking online this morning for options as I don't have any Apple protection plan. I guess I will either send it in to Apple for repairs or try to fix it myself. Sorry, I just had to vent. As you can see it is really damaged on the top corner.

mybroken4S.jpg

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
If your handy with disassembly, reassembly then a screen repair is fairly easy. Most screen/digitizers, yes I'd go ahead and get the digitizer even if yours is working, never know when a screwdriver or something might slip...... But most come woth a cheap tool kit, if not it just consists of a very small torqux screwdriver(the star head ones) a tiny phillips(the + head one) and a little flat head along with a couple guitar picks.
Or try an Apple store think it's been said like 150 to 250 for them to fix a iPhone.

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Go into an Apple store wearing a T-Shirt that says Apple rocks and I love iPhones. Tell the genius your phone broke and start crying.

:)

But sorry to hear about your device!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app