Broke my iPhone

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm devastated. :( I never thought this could happen to me as I'm always so cautious with my possessions. Last night as I was leaving and outside I dropped my iPhone 4S as I was taking it out of my holster. It just slipped out of my hand as I gripped it the wrong way and it hit the side of the curb cracking the front screen. I always keep it in my Mophie battery case but this time I had my case charging and took my New Trent external battery with me instead.

I'm looking online this morning for options as I don't have any Apple protection plan. I guess I will either send it in to Apple for repairs or try to fix it myself. Sorry, I just had to vent. As you can see it is really damaged on the top corner.

mybroken4S.jpg

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I think Apple will charge $150 to fix it.. Sorry to hear this though.. I never use a case at all and this far have been very lucky..

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
If your handy with disassembly, reassembly then a screen repair is fairly easy. Most screen/digitizers, yes I'd go ahead and get the digitizer even if yours is working, never know when a screwdriver or something might slip...... But most come woth a cheap tool kit, if not it just consists of a very small torqux screwdriver(the star head ones) a tiny phillips(the + head one) and a little flat head along with a couple guitar picks.
Or try an Apple store think it's been said like 150 to 250 for them to fix a iPhone.

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I will look into these ideas. Such a great, helpful community here.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I hate to see that :cry: I hope you can get it fixed/replaced without too much cost or hassle.

iByron

Bronze
Jan 17, 2011
Houston
By the protection then wait 2 days then take it in lol

iOS 5.1 & ICS lover

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Go into an Apple store wearing a T-Shirt that says Apple rocks and I love iPhones. Tell the genius your phone broke and start crying.

:)

But sorry to hear about your device!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Skb2000

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 1, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
www.sherrylbuchler.com
Sorry JW. I am such a klutz so I always have mine in a case. The corners of my cases are always slightly dented. You can always try and see what Apple will do for you. It doesn't hurt to ask them.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Good luck JW, let us know what route you took to get your iPhone fixed. That picture of your cracked screen damn near brings a tear to my eye.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Try searching Craig's List for "iPhone repair" in your neighborhood. There are literally dozens in my area.

Sent from my iPad 3 (64GB)

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Sorry LMAO..I was hoping some of the Mods like Europa or Napoleon would have replied. LOL I guess they know me well enough by now. I got the pic off of Google.

Laylapotata

Bronze
Nov 14, 2011
Go into an Apple store wearing a T-Shirt that says Apple rocks and I love iPhones. Tell the genius your phone broke and start crying.

:)

But sorry to hear about your device!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
That could work.