Broke My UB5's...help me repair them! please!

I had my Ultimate Buds UB5's plugged into my iPhone which was in my back pocket, and the buds inside my front pocket because I had not put them in yet. I was walking by a chair and they got caught on the armrest and ripped out the wire from the Y-Connector.
The left earbud wire got pulled out of the little aluminum Y junction. It's still in good shape, I just need to put it back in. It looks like there is a plastic retainer that holds the wires into the aluminum junction. If I could just get that out I think I could fix it. How do I get it out though? Any suggestions?

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
I had my Ultimate Buds UB5's plugged into my iPhone which was in my back pocket, and the buds inside my front pocket because I had not put them in yet. I was walking by a chair and they got caught on the armrest and ripped out the wire from the Y-Connector.
The left earbud wire got pulled out of the little aluminum Y junction. It's still in good shape, I just need to put it back in. It looks like there is a plastic retainer that holds the wires into the aluminum junction. If I could just get that out I think I could fix it. How do I get it out though? Any suggestions?
I'll look at mine when I get home. That sucks, I love my UB5's. I'd hate to have to start using my old ones again.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You should contact Ultimate buds about it. They should be able to help you out, even if for a small fee.

I hope they can repair or replace them for free hopefully. I just got them last month.
Here is a quote from their "Warranty Information" page:

Lifetime Accidental Damage Repair Program
Life happens! Our lifetime damage replacement/repair program provides free labor for repairs due to accidental damage as long as you own the product. If parts are needed for a repair or if a replacement is more appropriate, Ultimate Buds will provide the parts or products at a reduced rate from retail.

End Quote

I emailed them what happened. We'll see.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
I hope they can repair or replace them for free hopefully. I just got them last month.
Here is a quote from their "Warranty Information" page:

Lifetime Accidental Damage Repair Program
Life happens! Our lifetime damage replacement/repair program provides free labor for repairs due to accidental damage as long as you own the product. If parts are needed for a repair or if a replacement is more appropriate, Ultimate Buds will provide the parts or products at a reduced rate from retail.

End Quote

I emailed them what happened. We'll see.

I'm betting you'll get hooked up, their CS is awesome!

This was the response:
Hi Sam,

Accidental damage isn't covered under warranty - but we can offer you a replacement for half price under our damage replacement program.

Brad
Ultimate Buds

Not what I wanted to hear. I'm going to see if they can repair them.

They said they prefer to replace ub5's.
I asked if I could get a discount on some UB7EB's and, they said yes. So I'll be ordering some UB7EB's. They look like they should be great. I just hope I can take better care of them...