Broken camera

MexicanA

Dec 2, 2008
Hi everyone,

Few weeks ago I dropped my phone and the left upper part of the back got bent (where the camera is). Since then all the pictures I take are blurry.
I can't see clearly if the part of that "glass" that covers the camera is bent as well, or just the silver case.
So, I need an advice how this can be fixed? Can I just change the silver back or I need to fix the camera itself? Or my point would be - is that little "glass" part that covers the camera a part of that silver back or it stands on its own. Hope you understood me :)

Thanks

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Hi everyone,

Few weeks ago I dropped my phone and the left upper part of the back got bent (where the camera is). Since then all the pictures I take are blurry.
I can't see clearly if the part of that "glass" that covers the camera is bent as well, or just the silver case.
So, I need an advice how this can be fixed? Can I just change the silver back or I need to fix the camera itself? Or my point would be - is that little "glass" part that covers the camera a part of that silver back or it stands on its own. Hope you understood me :)

Thanks
If you remove the silver back it will void your warranty if you still have one.

MexicanA

Dec 2, 2008
Well, I don't have it any more, and no use in warranty in this case since it doesn't cover the breakage he he he :)
But got your point!
So, how can it be fixed then?

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
visit ifixit.com and read up on the guide on how to replace the aluminum back. It should be fairly easy given you have the right tools.

Now search the web for the part and replace it.

S

samblackaudio

That's good link I should put down also, in case need it in the future.