broken earbuds

tiffanyleigh0212

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
ok so i've posted before about earbud problems and thought i had the solution fixed. turns out i don't. on one of the earbuds i don't have any sound. sometimes it'll come on for a few minutes but then it's back out. the other earbud sound is very faint. over the weekend i tried some of my cousin's earbuds and they worked perfectly. then he tried mine on his and had the same problem. problem is i don't live near an Apple store. if i called them or emailed them would they send me a new replacement or would i just be wasting my time?

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
You can get the Apple earbuds at walmart now since they started selling the iPhone...i believe its the same price as Apples...29 bucks.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I would call them. I went to an Apple store and they replaced them with no questions asked. They had an envelope with a new pair in and gave me those then put the old ones in and sealed it up to send it back to Apple. I bet they will send you new ones and an envelope to send the old ones back, all you would have to do is probably call 1 800 APL CARE(275 2273) and explain that you have tried others and they work, but your Apple pair do not. They will probably just ask for your serial # since they can't look at the phone to get it themselves and whatever info they need to send it to you.