Broken iPhone charger! What to do?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

paintdude258

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Well so turns out the little white box that came with the iPhone to plug it into the wall is broken. the cord still works but for some reason the white box wont charge my phone? should i contact Apple? just buy a new one? or what?

Jul 23, 2007
Hey,
I had the same problem where the power brick would not charge. I took it in to the Apple store and asked them to check it out. The guy went to the back for a few minutes and came back out with a new power brick. He just handed it to me and said "Here." Kind of rude on his part, but at least I got it replaced.
Just take it in.

Sep 20, 2009
Same Problem

i got the same problem but my chord doesn't charge anything.....it only syncs ...should i take it in? i probably wont get another on back tho.....:mad:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If your USB cord is defective, and the phone is still under warranty, Apple will replace it for free. If it's not under warranty, I strongly recommend avoiding aftermarket cables, and instead getting a genuine Apple iPhone USB cable. Errors can occur while updating the FW or restoring the phone when using aftermarket cables, especially with the iPhone 3GS since it draws more juice.

The warranty is good for one year from the date of purchase or 2 years from the date of purchase if you got Apple Care. If you bought the phone used, it will be good for one year from the sellers date of purchase.

You can find one at BestBuy or an Apple Store or just buy one online.
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/iphone_accessories?mco=NzcwNjgyNA

Last edited by a moderator: