Broken iPhone screen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Hey guys this morning I noticed that I had a small crack on the lower left of my iPhone. It isn't huge but I am affraid it could get bigger and it doesn't look good on my sexy iPhone. I searched all over the Apple site for info on how to send it back or apply for RMA or what to do and found nothing. Can anyone tell me what to do. I don't have an Apple store near me, do I go to a AT@T store? Anyone have any links or what not to help me get this started?

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
take a picture, post it, and I'll tell you what to do.

I had a crack on by original iPhone too, its a saddening moment.
Well I cant take a picture till later this weekend. But it is a very small crack that is in the lower left corner, thankfully it isn't over the lcd so it isn't to noticeable.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Hey guys this morning I noticed that I had a small crack on the lower left of my iPhone. It isn't huge but I am affraid it could get bigger and it doesn't look good on my sexy iPhone. I searched all over the Apple site for info on how to send it back or apply for RMA or what to do and found nothing. Can anyone tell me what to do. I don't have an Apple store near me, do I go to a AT@T store? Anyone have any links or what not to help me get this started?
They'll fix it but it'll cost you $250.

Go to this link and enter your serial number to get your repair options:

Online Service Assistant

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I have a crack on my screen and a crack on my Home Button. I also have several large dings and a big dent on the back, and I liv with it. I'll just wait until the next iPhone.

- John

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
They'll fix it but it'll cost you $250.

Go to this link and enter your serial number to get your repair options:

Online Service Assistant
Good lord , even though it is under warranty, and hasn't been dropped? $250, I can get a new phone for not much more, its just a piece of glass. Also I follow that link and it says nothing about the iPhone screen. When it gives me the option of online service the pull down menu only gives me choices about dock, ac adapter, cables, and stuff. nothing about the screen or even an "other" choice.

bmargolis

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
:laugh2:

My 16gb white iPhone slipped off of a radiator and landed face down onto a tile floor. It was one of those "slow motion" moments where you see it happening but are powerless to stop it. When I picked it up, there were cracks all in the area above the LCD. The phone functioned properly, but it was easy to see that it was going to get worse as time went by.

I made an appointment at the Apple Store and was 100% honest with what happened. They carefuly examined the phone to see that there was not another mark on it. They looked up my account, said I was a good customer and said that they would replace my phone for me. I was very thankful. The Genius said that at one time or another, all of them had been on the other side of the counter and that they wanted happy customers.

I was already a happy customer but this was exceptional customer service.

joebert

Nov 4, 2008
Clearwater, FL USA
Apple has always been good about going above and beyond to keep repeat customers being repeat customers. Steve Jobs is notorious for replacing things when people can get ahold of him, he's like some sort of leprechaun or something.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
i just called Apple in Fresno and they said they'll replace my wife's cracked screen for $199 for a refurbished or new one depending on what is in stock. Question...are refurbished phones damaged on the outside. Reason asking is because i don't wanna replace a phone that has been in a case with no cosmetic damage to a refurb with outside blemishes.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
If you don't get lucky with the first genius. Leave and come back later. Try to get another genius.

The first time my iPhone's screen broke (yes) I was going to use my $100 rebate to help cover the cost, but I couldn't find the receipt. I went in anyway just in case they would replace it for free under warranty. The genius was going to charge me $250. I told him I had to go find my receipt. I found it in my car, got another apppointment and met with another genius. He looked at my account, complimented me on keeping the iPhone in pristine shape and gave me a "new" (refurbished) iPhone, after telling me that if I broke the screen again I would have to pay.

Well, I paid the second time, with my rebate so it "only" cost me $100. But the moral is don't just stop at the first genius if he won't give you satisfaction.

Giies

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
wow you're lucky, as i remember when i told them the same problem like yours, they say they can replace it for me if i pay $200, of course i rather get a new one.