broken iPod touch screen

lola

Feb 20, 2009
I stupidly dropped my ipod touch today and shattered the screen. It will cost me $199. to send it to Apple. Are there any cheaper or do-it-yourself fixes for this?

Spot

Feb 28, 2009
There is a website called rapidrepair.com that sells parts and will repair it for the price of the parts. Check them out.

sean lfc

Mar 3, 2009
the above reply was what i was thinking. advice for in future , you should buy a cover for the outside of it , ive dropped mine a couple times and if it weren't for the cover on it maybe the same thing could have happened to me , also i tell everyone if you don't already have one to buy a separate screen protector so that your keys and things like that don't mess it up on you

lola

Feb 20, 2009
broken screen

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely be buying a cover!

jmckee

May 27, 2009
I stupidly dropped my ipod touch today and shattered the screen. It will cost me $199. to send it to Apple. Are there any cheaper or do-it-yourself fixes for this?

We repair them! It depends, is the glass cracked, or does it look like the lcd is damaged, or both? You have an LCD and a Glass digitizer. The digitizer (which is basically the front cover glass) is $35. The LCD itself is $40 (these are both 2nd generation quotes....1st gen lcd is $35, and the digitizer is the same as the 2nd) We charge $35 labor to replace, which includes return shipping. So, if its just the glass part, and the lcd is fine, you are looking at about $70. If you are interested in having us fix it, please contact me. You will need to ship it to my store, where I have parts in stock. You can reach me at 828-475-1506.

janarel

May 29, 2009
My 11 year old son let his friend borrow his ipod touch and his friend fell off his bike and cracked the screen. What can i do?

Jan

jmckee

May 27, 2009
My 11 year old son let his friend borrow his ipod touch and his friend fell off his bike and cracked the screen. What can i do?

Jan
Email me a photo of the damage, so I can determine what it needs, and I can give you a price quote. You will need to ship it to my store for repair, and I will ship it back. If its just the glass (the lcd looks fine) then it will run around 60 or so...If the lcd is cracked (might see blotches/discolorations/etc) then it may just need the lcd, which will also run around 60. If the lcd and digitzer are both broken/cracked, then you are looking at about 85. (please note that return shipping is included in the $35 labor) You can email me at my current email address, jerrodmckee@hotmail.com, or reply back on this forum. Let me know what you would like to do.