Broken songs on iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 18, 2007
Hello:

I have been using my iPhone since the day it came out. I love the phone and am happy with my purchase.

Now for the problem: Practically every album I have downloaded onto my iPhone has atleast 1 and sometimes more songs that are broken. By broken I mean that in the song there is a 2-5 second silent spot that causes the phone to skip to the next song. If I play the same song on my computer using iTunes, the song is fine (no dead spot). Now I initially attributed this to my windows XT computer, but since the introduction of iTunes on the phone I have downloaded several albums directly to my phone that exibit the same issue.

Does anyone else have this problem? All other functions of the phone work fine, but this is a major bummer for me. I took the phone to the geniuses at the Apple store and they suggested I pay for a loaner and send the phone in for repair, but I don't think I should have to pay for a loaner for such a problem. I am frustrated and looking for some advise from this forum.

Jim g

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Never heard of a issue like that, it should play the same as in iTunes.. May want to try resetting your iPhone and try again.. Hold the top button and home button at the same time until you see the Apple symbol pop up.

Oct 18, 2007
Tried that!

Never heard of a issue like that, it should play the same as in iTunes.. May want to try resetting your iPhone and try again.. Hold the top button and home button at the same time until you see the Apple symbol pop up.
Yes, per the geniuses I have totally reset and reloaded my phone, several times in fact and always with the same issues (only different songs).

cleary5

Sep 26, 2007
A Solution

I had this same problem and I worked through it with a Genius over the phone. The solution we found was to delete the problem songs totally from the computer, sync, reimport them from CD, and sync again. This obviously poses a problem for iTunes music store purchases. I tried to get refunded for the corrupted files but they refused.

This may not be the only solution. There are a few ideas I thought of later. Like burning the songs onto a CD, then deleting and reimporting them.

My problem seems much less widespread than yours, I hope it doesn't comtinue being as bad.

Oct 18, 2007
Problem Solved! Yeah Apple!

After many calls to iPhone support and several visits to the genius bar Apple has replaced the problem phone. The new phone wortks great!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Glad to hear things worked out for you!

Also glad to see that it probably wasn't the songs but the phone =P