Browsing with Safari Beta 3 for Windows

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iPhoneObsessed

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS
www.myspace.com
This'll be old hat by the time I get the iPhone.

It is much quicker than Firefox and IE 7.0 on a windows machine. Steve wasn't lying in the keynote.

It's available for download windows users.

Apple.com/downloads

Yes, I'm trying it out right now.

Can't Mac users change the toolbar/page background colors? That's what I really want to do.

Any suggestions? I've looked through all the buttons...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yes, I'm trying it out right now.

Can't Mac users change the toolbar/page background colors? That's what I really want to do.

Any suggestions? I've looked through all the buttons...
I'm still looking at all the features too. Not crazy about the way to start new tabs though. Guess I'll get used to ctrl+T though.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
any way to import favorites/bookmarks to safari? if not this experiment for me will end at downloading it.

nevermind it did it automatically. using you bookmarks is less then convenient on this thing.

iPhoneObsessed

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS
www.myspace.com
I think I would like a more extensive 'preferences' section. For example, I like being able to right-click on a link, clicking on 'open window in new tab', and then not going straight to that window. This is best for when I'm reading a news article or something and there's many other links that I want to look at too, after I get done reading it. I wish that in Safari we could determine when that window opens.
Also the color scheme thing... lol. I really want to change it. Hurry people who write programs to manipulate other programs! I wish I was that smart.
:laugh2:

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
If you hold down control and click on a link, it'll open a new tab and not go directly to that tab.

"Open Link in New Tab" works in XP for me as well.