BSE saved my iPhone!

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
So I was at the gas station yesterday and I set my iPhone 3G on the top of the car while filling up gas. I remember admiring how sleek the black iPhone looked against the paint of my near brand new car. So I leave the station and I was just talking with my friend driving along and I realize I don't have my iPhone! Oh no! I remembered setting it on top the car at the gas station but that was a couple miles back and it hits me....My iPhone is probably in the middle of the street somewhere being run over or it is just gone altogether. I was thinking "oh no, now I'm gonna have to buy another one".
So I pullover just in case it is still on the roof of my car and to my surprise YES its still there where i put it! I am sure the only reason it stayed put is because I had the grippy BSE skin applied to the back of my iPhone and that kept it from sliding even when I probably was going like 40mph. I was so happy! My precious was not lost and still in mint condition. Made my day! :laugh2:

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
So I was at the gas station yesterday and I set my iPhone 3G on the top of the car while filling up gas. I remember admiring how sleek the black iPhone looked against the paint of my near brand new car. So I leave the station and I was just talking with my friend driving along and I realize I don't have my iPhone! Oh no! I remembered setting it on top the car at the gas station but that was a couple miles back and it hits me....My iPhone is probably in the middle of the street somewhere being run over or it is just gone altogether. I was thinking "oh no, now I'm gonna have to buy another one".
So I pullover just in case it is still on the roof of my car and to my surprise YES its still there where i put it! I am sure the only reason it stayed put is because I had the grippy BSE skin applied to the back of my iPhone and that kept it from sliding even when I probably was going like 40mph. I was so happy! My precious was not lost and still in mint condition. Made my day! :laugh2:
Wow! You need to buy a lottery ticket it's your lucky day :)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
40 MPH? That's a pretty good grip. Stick with that skin.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
40 MPH? That's a pretty good grip. Stick with that skin.
I know its kinda amazing. Funny thing is I'm always racing people with my new car but when a fast car pulled up to me (a few blocks before I ended up realizing I had left my iPhone on top the car) I let them smoke me and I just drove at a moderate speed for some reason. If I had been a speed racer like usual my iPhone probably would of fell off the top of my car for sure. The BSE kept it firmly planted at 40mph though. It was just good luck all around. :)

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
I lately came very close to losing my iPhone too. So I know that feeling of elation. You lucky man, you!

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I lately came very close to losing my iPhone too. So I know that feeling of elation. You lucky man, you!
Okay so you know what I'm talking about! Besides MAYBE my car, my iPhone 3G is definitely my most dearest possession.:p

SikShift said:
You were indeed extremely lucky!

Off-topic: what car did you get?
2008 Honda Civic EX Coupe, had to do it. Only thing I could find sporty but still good on gas. They actually look way better the previous civic models. It was a impulse buy.