BSOD with iPhone 3G and Windows XP

gettin'by

Jan 25, 2009
So last night my iPhone 3G 'white screened' on me. I had to reset it (holding down Home and Sleep/Awake at the same time) to get anything other than a white screen, and then all appeared to be fine with the phone. Until, that is, I connected to my laptop - I'm a Windows XP user. I've never had a problem connecting in the past, but now, EVERY time I try to connect I get the BSOD! What the...? Anyone else have this problem? I have only had my iPhone 3G for about 4 weeks. Very discouraging... HELP!

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Welcome, I don't have an answer but I bet some on this forum will. You may want to introduce yourself to the forum. Go to the main page scroll almost to the bottom and click on introductions and post your question there.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Do you have a printer hooked up to your PC? try deleting all of your photos out of your camera roll and then try plugging it back in. This is a issue with the photos and a printer or some other device that Is connected through USB.

gettin'by

Jan 25, 2009
I have heard about photos on my camera roll causing BSOD - thanks for that suggestion - so I took those off a while ago, and I have nothing connected to my laptop. I even have wireless internet! I'm totally stumped!

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Hmmm. Someone here was having the same issue and they disconnected everything and restored but the problem continued to happen. I think it has something to do with the Apple device driver and the PC seeing the iPhone connected as a camera. Try deleting iTunes and everything associated with it. Then re download the newest version.