Bug Reporting: iOS 5 Betas.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Hey guys! I will probably get shot down here but I am going to create what I think is a much needed thread!

Please report all iOS 5 Bugs you encounter here.

This is a dedicated thread to bug reports and not a general iOS5 discussion thread, hence it is not a duplicate thread.

No taking it down please......... John ;)

Well, while I don't agree that it is a much needed thread, mostly due to the fact that we are talking about 'bugs' in a 36 hour old first beta launch, I will share with you the issues that I have encountered with iOS 5 so far, bearing in mind Apple probably knows about the majority of them before launch anyway;

• Messages.app has issues. When in a message replying or reading, and you the top left hand corner shows Messages(1) to indicate you have an unread in the inbox, you have to fully exit the app and come back it for it to be visible. Also, I had an issue this evening with no SMS or iMesssages appearing then all of a sudden I received 16 at once time stamped three hours previous. Another thing I have noticed, which I think is intentional but that I find annoying is when you open Messages.app with the added iMessages functionality it now requires internet access so it can check whether a contact is on iOS 5 and to send via iMessage. To do this it pops the 'available wifi networks' alert up everything I go into messages, which is extremely annoying.
  • The Available WiFi alert box which pops up when an available wireless network is within range, now pops up regardless of whether it can find a network. It just pops up with an empty box which requires dismissing.
  • Not neccesarily a bug, but annoying nonetheless as a developer is that iOS5 now doesn't seem to like -(UIView *) viewForZoomingInScrollView:(UIScrollView *)scrollView {
And whilst that might not mean much, it crashes my apps so I need to implement a workaround lol.

They are the little annoyances that I have encountered so far, but also something i'd expect from a beta which is 3 months away from a public release.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
One more in the Messages app. If you split the keyboard on the iPad, it doesn't sit properly at the very bottom of the screen, but instead gets positioned a bit higher and covers over some of the most recent message entries.

One more in the Messages app. If you split the keyboard on the iPad, it doesn't sit properly at the very bottom of the screen, but instead gets positioned a bit higher and covers over some of the most recent message entries.
My girlfriend has had my iPad 2 in France, she got back this evening so debating whether to even put it onto my iPad....

I think I shall refrain

Marc_

Bronze
Mar 2, 2011
Anyone else here use the sky news app? All story pages are whites, as if the web view hasn't loaded.

Anyone else here use the sky news app? All story pages are whites, as if the web view hasn't loaded.
I haven't personally used on iOS 5 but I know from my own apps that iOS 5 has caused some really obscure problems with methods and classes that are pretty common throughout iOS revisions. Wouldn't surprise me if a UIWebView has been affected.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I have a theory
Big part of iOS 5 is
Pushing updates wireless and messages etc
Would you agree this is something the BETA tests most?
The marketing will be focus a lot on No computer needed
See keynote
I would think think that most updates for the BETA are pushed throuh the device and you may not even get a notifaction sometimes?
Apple can not afford to have any mess up there !
In the 24 hours I had it I noticed that notifactions go from only text to text and mail and then only FB
At the same exact time it is happening to sons phone
That makes me believe Apple is testing this off and on !
Just an observation and a logic explanation for it I guess!