Bug Reporting: iOS 5 Betas.

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by IllusionEntity, Jun 8, 2011.

1. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Hey guys! I will probably get shot down here but I am going to create what I think is a much needed thread!

Please report all iOS 5 Bugs you encounter here.

This is a dedicated thread to bug reports and not a general iOS5 discussion thread, hence it is not a duplicate thread.

No taking it down please......... John ;)

2. Imperious Dev

Imperious Dev Member
    Bronze

Well, while I don't agree that it is a much needed thread, mostly due to the fact that we are talking about 'bugs' in a 36 hour old first beta launch, I will share with you the issues that I have encountered with iOS 5 so far, bearing in mind Apple probably knows about the majority of them before launch anyway;

• Messages.app has issues. When in a message replying or reading, and you the top left hand corner shows Messages(1) to indicate you have an unread in the inbox, you have to fully exit the app and come back it for it to be visible. Also, I had an issue this evening with no SMS or iMesssages appearing then all of a sudden I received 16 at once time stamped three hours previous. Another thing I have noticed, which I think is intentional but that I find annoying is when you open Messages.app with the added iMessages functionality it now requires internet access so it can check whether a contact is on iOS 5 and to send via iMessage. To do this it pops the 'available wifi networks' alert up everything I go into messages, which is extremely annoying.
    • The Available WiFi alert box which pops up when an available wireless network is within range, now pops up regardless of whether it can find a network. It just pops up with an empty box which requires dismissing.
    • Not neccesarily a bug, but annoying nonetheless as a developer is that iOS5 now doesn't seem to like -(UIView *) viewForZoomingInScrollView:(UIScrollView *)scrollView {
    And whilst that might not mean much, it crashes my apps so I need to implement a workaround lol.

They are the little annoyances that I have encountered so far, but also something i'd expect from a beta which is 3 months away from a public release.

3. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

One more in the Messages app. If you split the keyboard on the iPad, it doesn't sit properly at the very bottom of the screen, but instead gets positioned a bit higher and covers over some of the most recent message entries.

4. Imperious Dev

Imperious Dev Member
    Bronze

My girlfriend has had my iPad 2 in France, she got back this evening so debating whether to even put it onto my iPad....

I think I shall refrain

5. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

I don't want it on my iPad 2 either. I'm lucky and have a V1 that my wife and kiddo share as my 'testing' device. :)

6. Marc_

Marc_ Member
    Bronze

Anyone else here use the sky news app? All story pages are whites, as if the web view hasn't loaded.

7. Imperious Dev

Imperious Dev Member
    Bronze

I haven't personally used on iOS 5 but I know from my own apps that iOS 5 has caused some really obscure problems with methods and classes that are pretty common throughout iOS revisions. Wouldn't surprise me if a UIWebView has been affected.

8. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I have a theory
    Big part of iOS 5 is
    Pushing updates wireless and messages etc
    Would you agree this is something the BETA tests most?
    The marketing will be focus a lot on No computer needed
    See keynote
    I would think think that most updates for the BETA are pushed throuh the device and you may not even get a notifaction sometimes?
    Apple can not afford to have any mess up there !
    In the 24 hours I had it I noticed that notifactions go from only text to text and mail and then only FB
    At the same exact time it is happening to sons phone
    That makes me believe Apple is testing this off and on !
    Just an observation and a logic explanation for it I guess!

9. jel231

jel231 New Member

I've noticed that my HDR setting in Camera will not stay on.

10. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Newsstand does nothing for me so far, despite the fact I have two active subscriptions, one with content updated daily.

11. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

It is not activated so are a few other features like the shop you buy the tones from

12. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Just tried it and the grid no issues and love the new button to snap

13. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I wonder if you delete from camera roll if the pics suppose to be deleted in the stream too?

14. IllusionEntity

Gold

The service is not active yet. Much like iCloud and Wireless sync/ OTA updates

15. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Thanks - figured that, but always good to know it's not just me. :)

16. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Where is the fast camera ? I have no clue what it is called I need to watch keynote again am just in car

17. cabinets

cabinets Member
    Bronze

Incoming calls won't receive with a Bluetooth headset. Fine for outgoing calls though.

18. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I couldn't get bluetooth to work last night either

19. IllusionEntity

Gold

Double tap home button on lock screen and look to the right of the "slide to unlock" bar ;)

20. IllusionEntity

Gold

Yup Negatory on my bluetooth headset for a while!