Build 345 or 347

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
OK. So I am a little confused. I am currently using my iPhone 3G with the original shipping build 345. I have heard some complaints about yellow tint (don't notice it} and crashing apps (happens on occasion). One thread I read said the 347 build was the leaked version of 2.0 and wasn't meant to be released and another thread said that 347 is an updated version that is supposed to fix some of these bugs from the original build. So which one is better? Do I restore my phone and put on build 347 or just leave it with 345 until there is an official update that iTunes can recognize?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
OK. So I am a little confused. I am currently using my iPhone 3G with the original shipping build 345. I have heard some complaints about yellow tint (don't notice it} and crashing apps (happens on occasion). One thread I read said the 347 build was the leaked version of 2.0 and wasn't meant to be released and another thread said that 347 is an updated version that is supposed to fix some of these bugs from the original build. So which one is better? Do I restore my phone and put on build 347 or just leave it with 345 until there is an official update that iTunes can recognize?
It wouldn't hurt to restore... Only if you're having problems with yours though. I did, and mine has been less buggy and less slow since I did.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
v1 official through iTunes 2.0 upgrade and my version on my phone says "5A347". So I'd say if you have 345, try seeing if you can upgrade.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008

Just to comment on the yellow tint issue. You wouldn't notice anything unless you held both phones side by side. I just did this today and you can tell the difference. The problem is, the 3G looks better, its not yellow its just brighter. Ive seen the internet pic of the 2 phones which does look yellow, but in person it doesn't look like this.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Just to comment on the yellow tint issue. You wouldn't notice anything unless you held both phones side by side. I just did this today and you can tell the difference. The problem is, the 3G looks better, its not yellow its just brighter. Ive seen the internet pic of the 2 phones which does look yellow, but in person it doesn't look like this.
If I put my v1 (now my husband's) and my new 3G iPhones side by side, it looks *exactly* like the pictures you've seen posted here. The new phone is definitely a warmer tint. When you're looking ONLY at the new phone, it looks great - very nice color value. The problem is when you hold them side by side. The v1 is definitely whiter.

You say that you see a difference, but that "in person it doesn't look like this".. I guess I'm not sure what you mean.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
^basically the 3G phone to me looked "whiter"...more bright