Build a Custom Dialer.

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
I searched on mmi, with no luck. I also searched here, with no luck. Is there a tutorial around on how to build a custom dialer? I'd like to make myself one but I'm not too sure where to start :)

papabro

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
MA
I don't know of a tutorial out there but there probably is. You need to replace the MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork file in the /Applications/MobilePhone.app directory. I would start with that file and see if you can unpack it and play around with it. There are a ton of images in the file. I would start simple and replace the background image. It's the largest file in the artwork file. Good luck.

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
I don't know of a tutorial out there but there probably is. You need to replace the MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork file in the /Applications/MobilePhone.app directory. I would start with that file and see if you can unpack it and play around with it. There are a ton of images in the file. I would start simple and replace the background image. It's the largest file in the artwork file. Good luck.
That's really all i want to do, is create a background.

You say 'unpack' does that mean unzip?

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Hmm... I have photoshop but the program does not recognize the file. Any tips?

Actually you need to use photoshop or something similar like gimp, which is free.