Built in webcam?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
wouldn't that be awesome to have a built in webcam and talk with people online, not only for personal reasons but it will be great fro businesss people.
As webcams become more popular, the chances of this feature making into a future version of the iPhone increase. I would not be surprised if you see this feature once a version of the iPhone has 3G. It would also require a front mounted camera, but I don't see that as being a big deal.

I think this is one feature people will love but they may have left it out of the first model for several reasons,

1.) speed of the network (wireless spots might be fine but I don't think they will put it in till the cell networks are up to speed (pun intended)

2.) getting it to work properly in the form factor (it's kind of amazing how much they are squeezing into it now.

3.) They needed to save some things for the next generation of iPhones

nrs02

Jun 12, 2007
Oh that would be great! I'm sure thats something they are probably already working on for their next phone.

Jun 1, 2007
It'll happen

I'm sure we'll have video conferencing over the iPhone in the not too distant future. Bill Gates was talking about how that was the next step for communications when him and Steve Jobs were being interviewed together. Of course Jobs couldn't talk about upcoming Apple technologies. I bet it'll happen within a year.

orchid

May 30, 2008
Built-in Webcam in iPhone.

As webcams become more popular, the chances of this feature making into a future version of the iPhone increase. I would not be surprised if you see this feature once a version of the iPhone has 3G. It would also require a front mounted camera, but I don't see that as being a big deal.
If built-in webcam will be added to the iPhone, sure I will be getting one. Hopefully with in this year. I'm waiting.