Bulkier Case with More Protection, or Slimmer Case with Less Protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by 47seijar, Oct 5, 2015.

?

Bulky/Max Protect or Slim/Roll the Dice?

1. More Protection and Accept the Bulk

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Less Protection in the name of Slim Style

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  3. Naked iPhone - Running with Scissors!

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Just wondering what folks prefer. Personally I go for slimmer/less protection, relying on my care and cat-like reflexes to prevent damage. Pretty big risk with such expensive kit, I know, but that's just how I roll. And now with a 6s Plus I'm even more committed to less bulky cases. What do YOU prefer?

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Protection has always been 1st with me. All my previous iPhones were in an Otterbox Defender. This time with the 6s Plus, I've opted for the Otterbox Commuter. It's a bit less bulky than the Defender, but still affords great drop protection. I also have the black Apple leather case. I have yet to use it.

3. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I'm currently using a blue Apple silicone case and i find even that a bit bulky. I'm pondering a Spigen slim case of some sort, a Case Mate (depending on whether the material is slippery or more silicone-ish, or perhaps even a Krown case.

4. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I typically use an UAG or Spigen Slim Armor on my 6 Plus, but I have bee brave the past few weeks and using an Apple Leather case. The other day I took my phone out of my pocket against my car and felt like I did a slow motion fumbling in the air with my phone. There were no cat like reflexes there, but I did manage to catch it. Sure made me rethink going back to better protection. I have a glass screen protector as well, but that about gave me heart failure.

5. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I have a film screen protector right now only because the Apple Store was sold out of the glass ones. I'm going to swap it out tomorrow for a tempered glass one though. And I'm going to check out the UAG cases tomorrow.

6. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Bumper cases are my choice. The slimmer the better.

7. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Otterbox Defender for me. Between two toddler grandkids, who like to play with my phone, and my own clumsiness I need all the protection I can get. Plus the phone is almost pristine when I go to sell it.

8. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I just use the Apple cases. Silicone and Leather. I find that they work best for me. I love the beauty of the cases and ease of use. They slide in my pocket and out easily and look gorgeous.
    I had favorite manufacturers that I used to frequent for all other iPhone iterations but with the 6 and now 6s those manufacturers cases are not as functional as they once were. Apple all the way for me baby! :D

9. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Ah, an Apple purist! I tend to carry my iPhone in my shirt pocket and I've found that the Apple silicone cases keep it from slipping out when I move or bend over. Just the right amount of friction to avoid casual drops. I've used some Spigen cases and while they're gorgeous and protective, they are too slippery for me.

I was happy to see Apple finally embrace orange for their cases. Now if they'd just make leather ones in orange. :)

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

:D AWW How Sweet, an Apple Purist. My friends call me an AppleHead, but I'll take the civil term of Apple Purist too. (y) LOL!!

Yes, I agree the Silicone cases are great for in pocket security. No slipping.

When I saw that Orange case I freaked out a little and got to ordering with my iPhone 6s+ and three other Apple Silicone cases. OMG! It is so nice and it was nice to see Apple take that step towards such a bold beautiful color. Apple make a Orange leather case would nice but I won't hold my breath.

#10 Sharunda, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  11. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

12. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I prefer the term "Maclot." it stands for Mac Zealot. :D

13. Turata

Turata New Member

I think your problem is exist. But you can buy something to protect your phone and this thing is thin and light.
    So you can feel is better.
    I think the phone should with the phone case and phone protector.
    Bare mobile phone is easy to break.
    My mobile phone screen is broken

14. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

I'm a bit of a case junkie. I think I have 15 or 20 cases, but I always find myself coming back to the thinnest case I have. I love the look of the gold 6s Plus and I find that the thin, transparent case is my favorite. I have one that I got for $1.27 on Amazon. It's the closest to completely naked I have found yet and I love it. Plus I use a glass screen protector. I dropped my phone from shoulder height, in a black top parking lot the other day and it was completely safe. I have a thicker i-Blason case that I use sometimes too--it's also transparent. I switch cases a lot. I use an otter box when I'm in the boat, a Speck case at the golf course, an Apple leather case when I'm going out, a wallet case when I don't want to carry a purse and I only need my ID, phone, and a few dollars, etc. But I always like the thinnest case the best.

15. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I tried a Case21 because it had flat sides ala the 5s, fount it added too much bulk for me, and promptly exchanged it for the Apple saddle leather case. I've found my new (for now) love!

16. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

I had the black leather case for my space grey 6 Plus, and I loved it. I did drop it once and took a small scuff to the bottom right side of the speaker. I like that you can see part of the color of the phone, so that's a risk I was willing to take leaving part of the phone exposed. I don't care for the black leather with the white face of my gold 6s Plus. I was wondering about the saddle brown leather. I like the pictures I've seen online. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1445625005.373798.jpg

17. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

My favs are all of them
    Whichever my day calls for
    From battery cases to just a see through
    I love cases...
    Right now using a casemate sheer glam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Njshoremom4gurlz

Silver

I used my black leather I got lucky it landed on the head

19. Njshoremom4gurlz

Silver

People who can afford to pay for replacement insurance can go naked I personally prefer a case on NOW this phone 6s plus is a LIttle thicker which I prefer I use it naked in bed lol
    That's it
    It's carpet all around

20. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

Life proof Fré or nuud.