BUMMER, Rivet Headphones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Hmmm these seem like they're pretty cool. I like the built in mic but I cannot handle the stock Apple headphones. KILL my ears.
Another amazing point in the evolution of technology and design. As with the previous version of the Honda Accord; Whoever designed the outward appearance of the Accord seemed to give up before they got to the back facia (excluding 2007). The same seems true of the iPhone and iPod; Great detail and work was put into the device and UI; however, the ear phones are poorly designed.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
i like these headsets. i picked one up when rivet had them for 19.99 and one of their reps sent me an internal email for 75% off their accessories on the website. so i picked up 10 of them at $7.50 a pair. a day or two later they same rep sent an email saying that was sent out to customers by mistake, so i thought they were going to cancel my order. Sure enough a couple days later a big box was sitting next to my garbage can where the UPS driver leaves my packages. There are good and bad things about these. the first one i bought sounds great, and they did have the other gel tips. I opened another one to keep in my gym bag, and they don't sound as great as the first ones. these one's were missing the gel tips. So it's hit or miss with headset. but they definitely are an improvement over the ones that come with the phone.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
they are pretty comfortable. The lanyard design is kind of akward at first. But is a clever design. Especially if you snag them on something, the ear buds don't get yanked out of your ear. They are durable as well. They have a mesh like cover (like the mesh stuff on a bungie cord). These are something you have to try out for yourself. I've heard a lot of mixed thoughts on these.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Some, on Amazon, commented that the Rivets sounded just as bad as the Apple ear buds. Is this true in your opinion? That would seriously suck.
I question the company’s professionalism. First, as you noticed, their site does not have basic security setup for the transactions and then when looking at the site this morning, 10-18-07, they have a statement on the order page that states they are on backorder but should be in and shipping by October 11th. That was 7 days ago. Are they still on back order and the date is incorrect or did they get them in but just haven't taken the time to update their page after a week? If they do not keep their basic website updated are they reliable in providing a good product, shipping it when you order it without delaying it until they "get around to it", etc.. As one individual stated, the company made a mistake and incorrectly offered discounts then emailed everyone and said oops. He also stated that he ordered several sets and one was great the next was missing components and didn't have the same quality of sound. I think that I will look elsewhere for a more reliable company with a consistent quality to their product.
BACKORDER NOTICE! Due to high demand, the Mobile Stereo Headset For Apple® iPhone is currently on backorder. The expected ship date is October 11, 2007. We apologize for the delay and will contact you when your order is scheduled to ship. Your credit card will not be charged until your item is shipped.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
I like mine a lot, but have not used any high end headphones before. I don't know that I would actually pay that much for a set of headphones to be honest. I think for the money, you can't go wrong with these. They are fully functional and a huge improvement over the stock Apple buds IMO.