Bumpers - Which Do you Like?

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I like the naked feel of the iPhone but am scared about drops. I am covered on the front and back with Ghost Armor, but right now my iPhone 5 is in a SwitchEasy Tones case, that I'm not too happy with. On one occasion, and I'm sure there will be more, when I removed it from my pocket, the the phone was coming out of the case. Not as tight of a fit as I want.

I like the Spigen SGP Neo Hybrid EX Slim Metal and the Linear EX Metal Slim. The latter seems to get some praise from another website.

And there is the Photive and i-Blason, but what are your preferences?

I also saw this one, but it's in Japanese and I don't know if it available yet.

I know you get what you pay for and am not one to get a cheap bumper because it's cheap. I'd rather go with a company that is known for good products.

Than there's the ThinEdge Matte Frame Case.

And, the Linear Metal Crystal Case (Not EX). Which ships using Prime, if you're a member. The Linear EX Metal Slim is not Prime eligible.

Redbull2000

Bronze
Dec 4, 2012
Minnapolis
Had the I-blason bumper for a week. Love it but the down side was the back of the phone got little hot after used a while. So now I ride with Seidio surface cases and love it even more.

Sent using iCafe app

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Here is what in posted in the iPhone five case thread about my recent bumper purchase.
So I have had my Spigen neo hybrid ex slim vivid case for a couple of weeks now. Time to give some opinions. So I chose those case because I wanted a bumper style case that kept my phone simple but offered some protection. I also wanted something that popped against the white color.
I have never dropped any of my iPhones ever except on carpet.
After two weeks of use I had my first major drop. Slid out of pocket bounces off a padded bench seat. Hit under side of table. Side of bench. Floor. A table leg twice and then slid.
Not a mark scratch ding anything.
Case itself doesn't add much to overall size of the phone. I didn't think I would like it at first for a couple of reasons. One the neoprene that goes under the bumper is black and sits odd like. After use I love it. Black blends in. Nice to have a soft edge against the firm bumper. Looks sexy. Is durable. Comes with front and back protectors. Back is three piece protector. Here is a link for it.

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-case-neo-hybrid-ex-slim-vivid.html

verbalj

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
NYC

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I'm a borderline monoprice addict. Before my iPhone 5 even arrived, I already ordered (and received) four cases. This is the one that I'm currently using:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=11213&cs_id=1083111&p_id=9772&seq=1&format=2

I'm not as careless as some people I know, so I like to keep really sleek/svelte cases. The size of the iPhone 5 is impressive so I'd like to retain that.
I'm very careful with my i5 and have been with my iPhone 4, but want some protection. I had an experience like Rugaby with my iPhone 4, but it was in a case.

verbalj

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
NYC
That looks good, but too expensive for me.

Sent using iCafe app

cbunseng

Jan 17, 2013
Phnom Penh
look good. but if you waring jeans, you gonna have a heard time to take it out from your picket.

Grayburn

Bronze
Sep 23, 2010
London, UK
I also saw this one, but it's in Japanese and I don't know if it available yet.
I recently imported on of those, Power Support Flat Bumper, from Japan and it does look great but when on the phone it doesn't feel nice in the hand. I wasn't very confident in using it one handed with the Flat Bumper on, much like the Spigen Neo Hybrid Ex i had. That was on and off and back in the packet in minutes.

I have 2 Power Support Air Jackets (Black & Clear Smoke) and i cant fault them. They aren't bumpers but i highly recommend them.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
look good. but if you waring jeans, you gonna have a heard time to take it out from your picket.
Nope. Cases made out of rubber or silicone can stick, but that case isn't and it will be easy to remove.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Bumpers are silly, cases are ok for special situations, for 99% of the rest of the time; naked is the way to go.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Bumpers are silly, cases are ok for special situations, for 99% of the rest of the time; naked is the way to go.
So I have a few silly cases. Guess it's better than a silly walk, though.

Last edited by a moderator: