Bungled iPhone restore! Need high level help!

lcarter

Jun 20, 2009
I purchased the new 3Gs and was nervous about the restore so I tried to backup the old iPhone to 2 PCs. It really bungled my restore points. Now I have the data from the older backups in a folder called MobileSync/backup but cannot get the older restore point to show up in iTunes. I have successfuly restored the iPhone back to June 11 but I cannot repeat that. Once again I bungled the restore for various reasons. Since I have the data in the backup folder with the date of June 11, I need to create a restore point in iTunes that will pull that data from the backup folder.

Can someone out there suggest a way to create a restore point in iTunes that matches the date of June 11 in the backup folder data files?

:confused:

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
You can manually choose the back-up restore file. Click on restore whilst holding down shift, the option key for a mac.

I think you will then be able to select the file manually

lcarter

Jun 20, 2009
You can manually choose the back-up restore file. Click on restore whilst holding down shift, the option key for a mac.

I think you will then be able to select the file manually

You are onto something here. I did what you suggested on a Windows PC and it opens a browser (finder) window and is looking for a specific type of file. In this case it is looking for a restore.ipsw file. That type of file is the OS3.0 file on my computer. What I need is the restore point from an earlier backup. I just don't know how to get that back to iTunes.

Any other help or referrals are greatly appreciated.