Burning an iTunes Movie

lensam

Bronze
Mar 8, 2008
Bridgeport, CT
I recently bought the movie "Zodiac" from iTunes and I was wondering if there is a way somehow to burn it to a disc as a back up or as a movie format. I tried with Handbrake and 123copyDVD but couldnt figure it out. Any ideas? Also it wanted to authorize my pc to play the video and you can only do it 5x so will it self destruct after that? Thanks

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I recently bought the movie "Zodiac" from iTunes and I was wondering if there is a way somehow to burn it to a disc as a back up or as a movie format. I tried with Handbrake and 123copyDVD but couldnt figure it out. Any ideas? Also it wanted to authorize my pc to play the video and you can only do it 5x so will it self destruct after that? Thanks
Movies you bought from iTunes can't be burned as video files for DVD playback. You can back it up as a DVD file, but you won't be able to play it directly in your DVD player. Part of the digital rights management protection scheme. On the other hand, movies that you rip from a DVD can be imported eventually into iTunes and burned with the appropriate software to make a playable DVD.

Your file won't self destruct if you exceed the 5x authorization. You can reset the authorization by going to the Apple site.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
ugh iTunes
this is why i don't buy anything from them
i mean u can only put the song on 5 computers
i reformat my comp too much to do that

but the rent movies idea is kinda cool