Business accounts and iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mm1250

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
I have been really confused with the iPhone and having it on a businesss account. I'm not looking for any special corporate discounts expect for the fact that the iPhone service will be billed to my company rather than to my SS# (me).

On some areas, I read its not, and some , people are saying it is. Does anyone know, When I activate my iPhone, will I be able to use my company name and EIN number instead of my personal SSN#.

Can someone please help?

Last edited by a moderator:

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
The iPhone is only available on individual responsibility accounts, that is, plans that are in your name and the company pays for either through T&E or other means. It is not available on plans in the name of the company that are directly billed to the company.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
from the At&t iPhone FAQ:

Q. Are businesss customers eligible for discounts?
A. No. iPhone service is available only to consumer accounts. iPhone and associated wireless service are not eligible for corporate discounts.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I'm still trying to figure out if I can get a discount if i'm an employee of one of their "partner" companies. All employees of my company get discounts on phones and monthly service plans, but we don't actually have "corporate" accounts. The discount is through our own personal accounts.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
if its billed to the company..NO if its a company line but your name is on it yes. I don't understand HOW that would happen but I think thats what I read in another thread.

mm1250

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
This makes no sense,

So your saying if I walk into an ATT store, I can get ANY phone in that store and put in under my businesss name EXCEPT THE iPhone? What purpose are they getting from this excpet pissing off people?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
This makes no sense,

So your saying if I walk into an ATT store, I can get ANY phone in that store and put in under my businesss name EXCEPT THE iPhone? What purpose are they getting from this excpet pissing off people?
Corporate accounts are negotiated at a corporate level. They don't want people coming in to buy them because they might need to adjust the corporate first. That takes time.

If you're not sure, call customer care.