Business phone @ Apple store? Help please.

winterymix

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
St. Albans, WV
I'm not on a businesss rate plan, I have a standard family plan, but I get a 10% discount due to where I work. I don't care about the discount because I'm changing jobs soon and the discount didn't apply to my v1 iPhone anyway. Will I be able to buy & activate at an Apple store? Or am I stuck with df at AT&T store. Really would rather buy from Apple.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I'm not on a businesss rate plan, I have a standard family plan, but I get a 10% discount due to where I work. I don't care about the discount because I'm changing jobs soon and the discount didn't apply to my v1 iPhone anyway. Will I be able to buy & activate at an Apple store? Or am I stuck with direct DC at AT&T store. Really would rather buy from Apple.
you need to call att and have them clear off the discount (i think). If I remember correctly, that's what others have done. I don't know if they were being preventive, or required to do so...

winterymix

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
St. Albans, WV
I guess I'll give that a try. Apple's website isn't entirely clear about it. It says u need to go to AT&T if u are on a businesss rate plan, which I'm not, just have the 10% discount because of where I work. So I really hope I can buy at Apple.

theotherallen

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
if you do want to buy at an Apple store- you have to call AT&T and have them suspend the discount. this takes about 4 hours to show up on their computers. but the discount WILL make it so you can't buy it at Apple unless it's gone. keep that in mind.

otherwise, you can buy it at an AT&T store with no issues regarding the discount.

this is what happened to me. our family plan used to be tied in with my dad's work account, giving us a discount on our bill. so we had a "businesss plan". his company was sold and our plan just became a regular everyone else plan. but the fact that at one point our plan was businesss related prohibited me from buying my phone at an Apple store-after being at the mall since midnight the night before. i had to go to an AT&T store.

so, those are your options man! hope this helps.

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Call ATT and have them take the FAN NUMBER off the Account and then you can go to the Apple Store and purchase the iPhone. I speak from experience since I did this with my first 3G purchase and my swap.

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Call ATT and have them take the FAN NUMBER off the Account and then you can go to the Apple Store and purchase the iPhone. I speak from experience since I did this with my first 3G purchase and my swap.

stole the word out of my mouth :laugh2:

took 5min on the phone