But, but, but..... the battery!

sbynyc

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Wow. I successfuly upgraded my original iPhone to 2.0 yesterday and love all the new features. But, something is draining the battery like never before. When I saw what was going on I started searching around through the new apps and shut down Fetch All Data. That didn't help. Is anyone else noticing this and if so, what is going on?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Mine stayed plugged in most of the day yesterday trying to get the d%@# upgrade. I will watch today and see if there is a big difference. That fetch all data was one of the first things I noticed and turned it off.

sbynyc

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Mine stayed plugged in most of the day yesterday trying to get the d%@# upgrade. I will watch today and see if there is a big difference. That fetch all data was one of the first things I noticed and turned it off.
Problem resolved with a soft reset. False alarm. Though it may be a sign of future battery problems. I can't complain, however; in one year plus I've had no battery problems like a lot of other folks.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
my battery is draining significantly faster since upgrading to 2.0. I wonder if it's the AIM app. I installed. On 1.1.4 I would charge once a day, post 2.0 I charge 3 times a day. :(

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
my battery is draining significantly faster since upgrading to 2.0. I wonder if it's the AIM app. I installed. On 1.1.4 I would charge once a day, post 2.0 I charge 3 times a day. :(
GDude, give it chance! You've only just upgraded so, chances are, you are using the apps that you have just downloaded a lot, and the games especially eat battery life like a walrus in a wendys!