Butteryfly: First Accelerometer game!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Butterfly is now available for download on Installer.

Its a very simple premise, catch the butterflies with the net. The net is controlled by the iPhone's accelerometer, which has you tilting the phone to move the net.

I scored 16 on my first go, not bad for a little time killer.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
OMG idea for game

if the accelerometer is as sensitive as they say then it should be able to be used in an aiming mechanism for a first person shooter. It would work like this: the virtual world would be displayed on the screen with the weapon or crosshairs or whatever superimposed. As the player moved the iPhone up down left or right, the view would move and change accordingly, as if the phone was a viewport into the virtual world. The player would aim by moving the phone to place the crosshairs on the target and then firing.

Lol I'm not a gamer and this may be a lame idea, but it sounds cool to me at the moment. Does it make sense to anyone else?

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
17. Boom! The probleim, though, with using it for an FPS is that the screen angle becomes and issue with gameplay. Catching butterflies, fine. but tracking and killing the bad guys, the image going in and out would be a major problem. Take it from a form clan commander in an online FPS game. ;)