Buy app using debit card

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by i can play, Oct 9, 2010.

1. i can play

i can play Member
    Bronze

it's possible? buying app using debit card?

i've a debit card with mastercard logo on it... but i can't use it in my iTunes store as on the card there are no security code...

2. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

There should be a security code to the right of the signature panel. I've never seen a VISA/MC w/o a security code. Perhaps those debit cards that can be purchased at the register are an exception.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. Lunfai

Lunfai Member
    Bronze

The security code is the three digit code on the back of your card. It's the last three digits next to your seam where you signed the card.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

4. i can play

i can play Member
    Bronze

i know, but i don't find it... my friends also the same... maybe it's my bank problem?

i'm currently in egypt and using CIB bank

5. Mac56er

Mac56er New Member

Yes. You can use a debit card on to buy apps. I do it quite often.

6. alicetom

alicetom Guest

Debit cards are exactly like credit cards, but has its advantages, Well I think that we can buy app using debit card, Debit cards may also allow for instant withdrawal of cash, acting as the ATM card for withdrawing cash and as a check guarantee card.

7. soma4society

soma4society Member
    Bronze

Not in all cases. Have a friend who could not get his visa branded bankcard to work as a form of iTunes payment. As he owns no credit card it was pretty frustrating for him.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

8. shupik69

shupik69 Member
    Silver

I have my debit card set up on my iTunes and paypal accounts...don't have any problem, they are more than happy to take my money this way!

9. i can play

i can play Member
    Bronze

my bank says that they don't support internet transaction. that's why they didn't put the security code on the back of the card.

10. imotionb18

imotionb18 Member
    Bronze

Looks like its time to switch banks. I don't understand how they can justify that. I pay all of my bills online now.

11. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

Just do like my wife and I do and buy iTunes cards. That way you don't have to worry about deducting every app purchase from your checkbook, and it even gives you your current balance from the App Store.app. No possible way to overdraft my account, no sharing my credit card/debit card info with Apple (which I'm sure is perfectly safe, but I figure the less I put it out there, the better), no worries!

12. Mac56er

Mac56er New Member

My wife had problems with her debit card. The problem was the bank had some wrong information, such as an old address associated with the card. Call the bank and make sure all your information is correct and see if that helps.

Attached Files:

13. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

His bank doesn't support Internet transaction, cute dog!

14. Faffa

Faffa New Member

Hi i use my debit card to buy an Apple apps and i already got the message but why did they don't cut out the amount of purchases in my account?

15. soum500

soum500 New Member

like you I have a master credit card, I have no problem poour MasterCards link to my iTunes account.