Buy Apple stock? HOW?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

detz

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
What you should know is the hype and iPhone are already in the stock price and have been since it was released. It's not going to jump up just because it was released. :)

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
What you should know is the hype and iPhone are already in the stock price and have been since it was released. It's not going to jump up just because it was released. :)
Yeah, one of my co-workers told me that....hmmm....guess I should just wait for the next big thing. lol

stuart9682

Bronze
May 29, 2007
why NOW?!

I would wait until Monday since the markets today will close before the iPhone is released. You wont see any huge gain or loss in the stock's price per share over the iPhone until the markets reopen on Monday.

It would be a shame to see the markets drop after you invested a bunch today.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
dinosaur1 said:
http://www.otterbox.com/products/ipod_cases/iphone-case-defender/

this case also has the screen cover protector which claims to not affect the touch screen capabilities. does anyone have this case and if so how do you like it?

I still love my Artwizz Seejacket case!
Colleague of mine did a video run-through of using this case. At about 4:45 into it, he talks specifically about using the touch screen and typing etc - all positive stuff about it btw ...

Last edited by a moderator:

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana

this case also has the screen cover protector which claims to not affect the touch screen capabilities. does anyone have this case and if so how do you like it?

I have this case and it works well and I like it. There has been an issue with echo during phone calls but it can be resolved by not turning your volume up all the way. I didn't know about that problem until I read it in a review. After reading it I investigated the issue and found it to only occur sometimes when the earpiece volume was all the way up. Go read the reviews on this website!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
That otterbox looks ok and all, but I would think the rubber holding it together would wear in a short time, especially if you are clumsy and drop your phone a lot or are out in the elements from day to day.

I've decided probably the best "combo" for me will be (i work outside daily) either the artwizz case or the switcheasy inside a protective pouch. I'd love to find a hard shell pouch that seals off somehow by either zipper or whatever and I want to carry it on my belt. I'd like to have one that seals because I'm half the time in a very dusty environment.

I've found this one and think it may work, but since I'm not getting a phone till late september I've still plenty of time to shop around...

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
That otterbox looks ok and all, but I would think the rubber holding it together would wear in a short time, especially if you are clumsy and drop your phone a lot or are out in the elements from day to day.

I've decided probably the best "combo" for me will be (i work outside daily) either the artwizz case or the switcheasy inside a protective pouch. I'd love to find a hard shell pouch that seals off somehow by either zipper or whatever and I want to carry it on my belt. I'd like to have one that seals because I'm half the time in a very dusty environment.

I've found this one and think it may work, but since I'm not getting a phone till late september I've still plenty of time to shop around...

I really don't think you would have to worry about the rubber covering wearing out. Mine shows no signs of stretching or wearing out. The only thing that would wear out on this case it appears would be the screen covering. Mine seems to be getting lightly scratched, it is not affecting performance, as the touch screen still works and you can only notice the scratches with the screen off. So far this case is working very well. I forsee this case lasting me probably 2-3 years, after which I might have to take off the screen protector and use the case without it. I have actually found myself being able to treat my phone like any other phone with this case. When I had my belkin case I found myself treating my phone like an egg.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
dinosaur1 said:

I have this case, and I like it. My only complaint is I cant turn my volume up or the preson I am talking to on the Phone will hear themselves echo.:(

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
At work I like to put my phone In my pocket and at home is this case difficult to get in and out of your pocket? I currently have an ifrogz I really like but Im an active person and I like the fact that you can also get the arm band.

Feb 26, 2008
NY
I got the case tonight and put it my new 3Gs and it blocks the speaker volume! I waited 2 years for improved sound and I'm not going to block it with the case! I turned on a movie and thought" wow..seems hard to hear"...but as soon as I opened the little rubber port door for the charger it got louder. Great concept but I just can't deal with the reduced volume.

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
At work I like to put my phone In my pocket and at home is this case difficult to get in and out of your pocket? I currently have an ifrogz I really like but Im an active person and I like the fact that you can also get the arm band.
Depends how tight are your breaches lol? I also had the ifrogz but I too am an active person I have a mowing businesss and I run. For me it's not any harder to get In and out of my pocket than the ifrogz but didn't think I would but I actually use the belt clip a lot except for at work its in my pocket!

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
I got the case tonight and put it my new 3Gs and it blocks the speaker volume! I waited 2 years for improved sound and I'm not going to block it with the case! I turned on a movie and thought" wow..seems hard to hear"...but as soon as I opened the little rubber port door for the charger it got louder. Great concept but I just can't deal with the reduced volume.
You could do like I did I was having a little difficulty hearing through the ear piece so I got out some little sisscors and cut the filter out worked like a charm I don't really care about the speaker volume much cause I use headphone 90% of the time.