Buy at Apple Retail sore or AT&T Store?

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
Bought mine at an att store no problems, had to exchange it out at an Apple store didn't even have to show them information. Just gave them the phone told the dude the problem and that was it.

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
I really like Apple stores... So I bought it from there. Real nice and plus I got a free 30 day 1 to1 card if I had any questions.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
definitely Apple store because the employees there are more intelligent then the AT&T employees and the Apple employees have better personal hygiene then AT&T employees

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It doesn't really matter. If you need to take it back for warranty work, then you have to take it to Apple or arrange for shipping through Apple.com. At&t doesn't handle any of the warranty work for the iPhone.

My first iPhone I bought at the Apple store last summer and it still works perfectly.

The second one that I bought was from the AT&T store. I bought this phone from AT&T simply because it was closer to me than driving across town to the Apple store. I know that if I have a problem with this iPhone, I can just bring it to the Apple store and they will take care of it because it is under warranty just like my Apple store bought iPhone. No matter where you buy it, you can still take it to the Apple store if you have a problenm just like with an iPod or computer. Apple takes care of things.

The only drawback at the AT&T store was that they weren't very knowledgeable about iTunes and how to activate it as a GoPhone and what plans were even offered for iPhones.

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
My first iPhone I bought at the Apple store last summer and it still works perfectly.

The second one that I bought was from the AT&T store. I bought this phone from AT&T simply because it was closer to me than driving across town to the Apple store. I know that if I have a problem with this iPhone, I can just bring it to the Apple store and they will take care of it because it is under warranty just like my Apple store bought iPhone. No matter where you buy it, you can still take it to the Apple store if you have a problenm just like with an iPod or computer. Apple takes care of things.

The only drawback at the AT&T store was that they weren't very knowledgeable about iTunes and how to activate it as a GoPhone and what plans were even offered for iPhones.
I bought at AT&T store. The guy had NO Clue how to activate with a deposit! He said you pay the deposit online but that was not true. I had to go back to the store and pay the deposit there and you get a ore-approved credit number that you type into iTunes. Once that was done, it was easy. I love this iPhone!

Jun 10, 2007
I must be lucky cause I got mine from AT&T store and they were very knowledgeable about the different plans and the deposit info and how to take care of the warranty work.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I had a nice different experience the other day at the Apple store, it was very crowded, I asked someone to help find me something, we walked and got it. I told him well guess I better get in line, he said he could take care of it, took my credit card slide through the device around his neck, I heard my phone ping as I was walking out the door, looked and there was an email sent with the receipt. I thought man that was so cool, I was in an out of there in 5 minutes.

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
my experience...if u buy from AT&T and u need to replace it, take it to Apple u get a refurb...if u buy from Apple take it to Apple ad get a NEW one...go with buying it from Apple!