Buy In Cash?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JackBauer

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
New York
I have no credit what-so-ever so, can I pay with cash and then my dad can use his SS number and credit card for all the billing/ credit check on iTunes?

Angel13

Jun 26, 2007
web.me.com
So they'll be doing the credit check on iTunes when you activate, right? Not at the store when you buy the phone? Just wondering because someone was going to buy the phone for me with cash and bring it to me. Should I send her with my credit card to the store if they do a credit check there?

Diviant

Jun 21, 2007
Credit check has nothing to do with buying the phone, it happens when you sign up for a wireless plan. If you opt not to sign up in-store, you won't need the SSN# until you get home and activate via iTunes.

So to answer your question, yes, you buy in cash then have your dad sign up for the wireless plan. If you're under 18, you couldn't sign up for your own plan even if you wanted to.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
So they'll be doing the credit check on iTunes when you activate, right? Not at the store when you buy the phone? Just wondering because someone was going to buy the phone for me with cash and bring it to me. Should I send her with my credit card to the store if they do a credit check there?
No. They won't do a credit check with your credit card anyway. They will get your SS# during iTunes activation to do the credit check. Having someone's credit card number doesn't give you the ability to do a credit check.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
COLS...I know this has been asked and answered...but Can we put our exisisting iTunes songs on our iPhoneS?

Angel13

Jun 26, 2007
web.me.com
No. They won't do a credit check with your credit card anyway. They will get your SS# during iTunes activation to do the credit check. Having someone's credit card number doesn't give you the ability to do a credit check.
Ok, great! Thanks! I was scared for minute that I would be able to get a phone Friday night. *whew* Someone else told me I wouldn't be able to have someone buy the phone for me.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
You can sync your iPhone with your library through iTunes on Friday for sure as long as your music is all in your iTunes account.